Thursday, September 24, 2009

YIKES!!!!!!!

I haven't been on since September 3!!!!!! Sorry! I gota do better! I love bloggin on here so I want even attempt to provide lame excuses... I was just wrong ;-)

Ok so on the 13th, I did the lums pond tri... I did better than I expected as my August training was seriously interrupted by kids and the carribean :-). I finished 1:43:59 with a 24 min swim (which includes the .4 mile run back to your bike), under an hour on the bike (for 17.5 miles) and 16: something for the 2 mile run... not bad. I was surprised to have 8 something minute miles after the other 2 events. The next week led to NO training tho.....

This week, back on track a bit.... I "rode" on the trainer Monday and took a 7 mile run Tuesday. But why the heck did the humidity have to return!!!!!!
Today, I am off to Florida to do an adventure race in Disney on Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. What can I say, the woman is a monster! Pretty soon she'll be doing ultra's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Lisa's back... and gone again. ;) I hope that you and Jane are having a great time in the adventure race in Florida.

    I managed to squeeze an hour in on the bike this afternoon after work. I knocked a couple of minutes off my best time on my 16.45 mile loop. I'm feeling pretty good with only one week to go to the BTTB. Training's over, like it or not. Hopefully, I'm ready. Figuring that it's not exactly a timed race, I think that I'll be okay, despite the lack of training this year. I'm just really looking forward to seeing all of the members of our bike group, since we have not ridden together much this year. Lisa, get this: you and I have not ridden together once this year! In fact, I think that I've only seen you once and that was months ago and only in passing. That said, I'm looking forward to riding with you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got back on the trail this afternoon w/ a 6.7 mile run. Weird day but nice. After rain tomorrow afternoon, the rest of the week is 'falless' with high in the low 60's and low in the hi 40's. Unfortunately guys, they are currently predicting showers for next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Managed to get 6.7 in this afternoon. A little windy and almost chilly but is this nice weather or what? Wanted to get it in because tomorrow I am in a class at Longwood Gardens from 8 to 5 and won't get a chance. This run knocked me over 120 for September. First time in many months I've reached that milestone (ave 30 a week). I am a little behind in my yearly goal so I have to get going. Still looks like rain on Saturday an Sunday morning for your ride. Boo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Needed long sleeves this afternoon to run. It was quite chilly with shade, wind, and low humidity. Guess I'm blogging w/ myself as you two are probably resting for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just signed up for the Mental Health in DE 10K at the Riverfront on 10/25 (Sunday). Is that one that you've signed on to Lisa? A friend asked me to join her team so it seemed like a good way to spend Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, BTTB is over, no more distractions. Let's get back to the blog. You guys had a great day Sunday although the wind was up when I was running and hoping it wasn't hitting you guys in the face coming back. Hope you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay bikers, tomorrow not a good day to plan on getting back on your bikes to recover from BTTB. After the rain in the morning, winds are predicted 20-25 mph with gusts in the 30's up to 40. But of course, based on this blogging record, by the time you actually read this it will be Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete