Friday, January 10, 2014

I'M BACK! ... again...lol

Ok, I gotta stop disappearing! So sorry! 3 jobs is too much! Not blogging... not getting in my workouts etc. Although I finished job 3 last week until mid March (and then will stop all together in April) it set the wheels in motion to be overwhelmed for weeks and weeks! So changes are coming! At least getting in good workouts on the weekends. I have been adding some weight training, but still running. Not nearly as much as I would like, but I will get it back up here in the next few weeks. I HAVE to! Signed up for my first Ultra in March.... got 10 weeks to get ready... YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eric, You are kicking butt! I just glanced... going back and reading now :-)

23 comments:

  1. Finally got some sun today but Jude and I went to Bombay Hook. Lots of Snow Geese, some Tundra Swans, a neat Northern Harrier hunting, and young Bald eagle. Came back and did 48 minutes on the bike. Too late to get outside, and it was windy. Tomorrow looks good. Few committments and 54 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. Made it out mid afternoon. Way overdressed for sun a 54 degrees. Knocked out 7.1. Really tired but so great to be out in this weather. Won't be many like today for the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really busy today but with that sun finally out this afternoon I had to do something. I always end up running a couple of hours before Tai Chi then I'm beat when I get there. Anyway, just stayed close by today and did 5.6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, check this out. Running 2 consecutive days in sunshine...6.8 today. Tired, but I am not missing getting out in this weather. It was only about 44 but the sweat was running over my glasses (I guess that means I was over dressed!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may be the last day in about the next 10 that will be over 40. It was really, really nice today. 7.3 which is a very good day for me. Didn't feel real energic to start but finally got into it. Looks like inside work for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spent about 2 hours shoveling. It actually is not too bad outside. That's about the extent of the exercise today unless I get motivated to gt on the bike later. We are going out to dinner with some friends at 6 so can't wait too long. Right now, just resting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just did 42 minutes on the bike. Good workout. No way I can go out in this stuff. The development is very dangerous. Roads have no shoulders. Maybe if it gets warm enough Saturday to get all the roads down to bare black top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weather isn't very conducive for maintaining a running routine. Snow has now covered the ice on our local roads. I stayed in and did 40 minutes on the bike. Tai Chi this morning. So, got some aerobics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully tomorrow to get back outside. Roads appear okay now. Even 29 seems warm in the sun. I've been pretty good about hitting the bike. Did 42 minutes earlier today. Sometimes I have trouble getting excited about indoor workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah! Just got back from a really great 5.5 miler here in the development. No gloves, no hat, no turtleneck. Beautiful clear blue sky and golden sun...more for this weekend. High in the 50's Sunday. Better get out. Lots of rain next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Managed to knock out 5.7 today, not as nice as yesterday but sweat was running down my glasses.So, guess that I was overdressed. Not sure as I thought I might be but legs were fatiqued. Hope you are getting out some because there isn't much time for you to build a mileage base before the run in March.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, very glad that I didn't commit to the CR this year. It is really tough to get in consistent mileage with this weather! Got out today. It was 27, wind chill maybe 20 but nice clear blue sky and sun. Did 5.9. Nice to get out and stretch for once. We lost power yesterday for about 10 hours. It was pretty stressful. So, needed to work that off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always hate to be the 13th comment! Finally got out today. 26 degrees but nice and crisp. Did 5.9 and felt really good. Which is amazing because yesterday I really felt like crap. Instead of going out in the brilliant sunshine, I took a hour and a half nap. That's how crummy I felt. Anyway, encouraging. Hope you have gotten out. March isn't that far away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing happening today...to raw and cold. We visited the Brandywine River Museum. Came back and did 44 on the bike. Contacted my Dr. because this sinus issue is 3 months old and not getting better. He's putting me on 5 days of Pregnison to know the inflamation out. Afrin and decongestants just aren't doing it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, this weather just about sucks for training. Looks like shoveling is on the docket for tomorrow. Maybe exercise bike for some erobics. I know spring is out there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  16. 42 minutes on the bike today. That's after 3.5 hours shoveling yesterday and an hour this morning. Probably didn't need the bike! Needless to say, running is pretty much out of the question until next week probably.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Got out this afternoon. Great sun. Run was interrupted by chatting with a neighbor I hadn't seen in a while but I basically put in 5.8. Nice to get out. Great seeing you last night. Be careful with that training. When you can't get out consistently and you are doing that kind of mileage you are ripe for an injury.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, 50 degrees today. Almost overdressed. Did 6.0 but stayed local.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what an incredible day today was. Did about 6.1 and nice to not have so many layers on. I felt punk yesterday. I'm really thinking that I'm carrying a deep sinus infection because I'm way to tired after a long run. But I did enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, this weather pretty much sucks. I've been staying indoors. Trying to use the bike at least every other day. Looks like Monday is a wipeout at as well, maybe Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally made it back to the track today. It was sunny and 38, no way I could not go back out. Did 6.2. Nice to get off that bike. I imagine that I'll be stiff tomorrow. But, Monday and Tuesday are going to be absolute wipe outs for outdoor play.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did 6.2 today. It was about 27 degrees but great sun and no air moving at all. Gloves came off early....we'll see how I feel tomorrow. I started an antibiotic on Sunday for this sinus thing. I've been exhausted the next day after my runs leading me to believe that is part of the infection.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, so much for the exercise program...retina surgery next Tuesday. Flat on my stomach for 2 weeks. Probably limited exercise, at least running for a while after that. Ugh....

    ReplyDelete