Friday, October 23, 2009

Time to find a new Race

Ok, I finally got in 2 runs in the same week and am even hoping for 3 before its over!!! LOL! It's been a tough couple months but I more help at work now... Time focus on training for a new race.... Eric, running Sunday? Riverfront? And we ARE doing Caesar Rodney right?? Dave, where are you?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it looks that the weather dude will cooperate as it is supposed to be sunny and 47 by 8 AM tomorrow. I am going to try and get there about 7:30 or 8:45. As you already know, 5K or 10K. I've had some pretty decent running weeks and am still weighing 156 so that is a great running weight. I ordered some shoes in June. RRS finally realized (after I emailed them) that they hadn't shipped them because they are no longer availble (isn't that always teh story when you find a model you like) so they are overnighting an upgrade. This was really been a great week to be outdoors. Perfect fall weather, trees just beginning to look nice. Jude and a spent all day yesterday at Bombay Hook. There were literally thousands of Snow Geese there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great morning. I little windy to start the race but I overdressed and when in the sun it was quite warm. That course is a little nasty in that it includes a lot of curbs and if you are not on your game, i.e. looking down, it would be easy to miss one and sprain an ankle. I did a 51:15 and, get this, finished 3rd in my age class! Isn't that a hoot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that they used a new chip system for the race this morning. At least, it is the first time I have seen it in DE. Instead of the thingy that you have to strap to your ankle, this chip was a about 1/2 the thinness of camera storage disk and about the same size, about 1 X 1. It had holes in it and was attached to your shoelace via a little plastic tie. Pretty neat. You may have seen them in your other runs out of state.

    ReplyDelete