Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Snow Go Away

It IS a bummer of a week for running! I don't want to go out at all! Between blocked sidewalks, small or no shoulders, wet and slippery surfaces.... I don't why anyone would risk it! I did the treadmill and bike trainer this week. 2 one hour stints on the bike... one 3.5 mile run on the treadmill and today, and 8 mile run on the treadmill! What a BORE!

Eric, I think I have made contact with Dave!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I think I did about 6 yesterday. I tiptoed around the neighborhood and ventured a little out on the open road and all in all ran about an hour. Today I am a bit sore, and I think that is related to running over some of the icey portions of the run. Last night we went up and had dinner with Jeannie, Craig, and Michelle, and Jeannies daughter Christine. Nice time was had by all. So, where is Dave? Buried in a snow cave in Rising Sun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were brave. I am still a little nervous about the roads.
    Sounds like a nice dinner! I had a "friends" Valentines with 2 couples and 3 single last night (so the couples could do couple valentine tonight) and treated myself to a Lobster, stuffed with Crab imperial! Yum! I think I am my own best Valentine :-)
    Dave lost hiis phone and all his contacts a few months ago.. So when I text, he had to ask if it was me. He thought the blog was gone... I told him we are still writing, so we'll see if he shows back up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost his phone and all his contacts? Sounds like a ham-handed excuse to me. So, you lose your contacts so you just drop out? Yeah. I didn't run yesterday as still sore from Saturday. But I am going out now. Roads look a little better. I had classes this morning and a photo special interest group this afternoon. Jude is off but exercising at the gym as we speak. Last night we had dinner with Jude's friends in Kennett Square at the Brown Derby. Not bad. Kind of a local hangout I guess. Tonight we are staying HOME and eating leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have been so busy yesterday and today I'm surprised I have time to write this note. In a few minutes I'm off to Independence to do the 3rd grade American Indian presentation. Obvious no running yesterday or today but it so damn raw out despite the sunshine that it isn't very nice anyway. Hope you have better luck with indoor exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got back to it today. Just finished 7.1. Glad it didn't rain (yet) as predicted. I think I took a week off. But, we've started a painting project and so I dedicated Sunday to a full day of painting basement walls. So, were is this Dave Fox guy you supposedly got in touch with. Bet he wimps out on the CR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I managed to sneak in 7 this afternoon before the flakes appear again. It was pretty decent at 37 degrees and I felt good. Now sure whether that was because I've had so much time not running or because I got back on the horse on Sunday. Tomorrow looks like a white-out, or at leasta 'wet-out' for outdoor stuff.

    ReplyDelete