Sunday, April 11, 2010
Traded Hills for Wind
Well, today I earned medal #2 for the year! Lewes 1/2 marathon for autism. Nice run and beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Traded the hills of the CR tho, for the wind of the beach :-) It has only been 3 weeks since CR and I haven't done ore than a 7 miles run since CR, so today was a real challenge. I had some hip pain for the 1st time ever.... and i fought for every step miles 10-13! I just kept repeating "pain is temporary, quitting is forever" until I hit the finish!!!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First, congratulations... Second, and I hate to be the first to tell you this, flat runs are tougher then rolling hills. Why, because you use the same set of muscules for each step. On rolling hills, you use slightly different sets of muscules for uphill, downhill, and flat, giving each set a chance to rest. And wind is tough, unless you can find a big guy with your pace to tuck in behind. If done that, it works!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I figured there had to be a reason that it seemed so hard but I didnt really think about not changing up the muscles used... I was thinking mentally, no twists, turns and changes made it feel long. Your comment makes LOTS O' sense tho :-) And as far as the big to tuck in behind, why do you think I dated Nick??? hahahahahaha! (kidding)
ReplyDeleteOkay, it is time to resume the blog, and running. I have been off abotu 2 weeks or more although of course pretty active. But I will be out Thursday, promise. Knee feels pretty decent the last few days and this painting is getting old! I see that the Philadelphia Distance Run is this weekend and it is going to be 87... Whew, glad I'm not signed up for that one!
ReplyDelete6.7 yesterday, great day but knee still a problem after the run. It's weird, doesn't swell or anything, and doesn't feel too bad this morning. Hope to get out later this morning. I'll take the first few runs easier since I have been off so long. By the way, the paper said that they caught that clown that was shooting blow darts at people on Limestone Road last fall. Good police work on that one I'd say. Small crime but they obviously didn't give up.
ReplyDeleteToday is not going to be a pretty day no matter how you cut. Humid already after an early morning shower (before I got up I have to admit). Painting this morning. We'll see how it goes after that.
ReplyDelete