Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trail trial!

GOt out on a 3.5 mile trail run today! I joined the "traildawgs" runing group and one of the group took me on the Judge Morris estate trail today. It was really different... tough with all the ups and downs of the terrain, but I really enjoyed and NO worry about cars!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting as long as you don't step in a gopher hole or get poison ivy. I've done little but then the weather has been pretty cruddy as well and since I'm painting to meet the curtain man I don't have much time, and I'm tired from ladder climbing. By the way, I noticed in the 'Community News' that they listed the top 10 men's and woman's finishers for the Caesar. Listed as #10 for the woman was Cecily Tynan who is the weather anchors person on Channel 3. I knew that she was a pretty good runner (see is 41 according to the listing) and she finished in 1:29. Whew....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got this morning and did 7.5. I overdressed a little but it was tough because it was still windy. I really was stiff last week and the 2 runs I had didn't help at all. But I felt good today so guess I'm over the CR. Looks like shorts and t-shirt the next 8 days. Woohoo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally got out yesterday for 6.7. Of course it was magnificent. I'm having a little problem with my right knee though. I don't recall twisting it at any time so I'm thinking I need to pitch the shoes I wore in the CR. I think they are just too worn down and may be causing this problem. I'll wear my new ones when I run today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took and Advil and iced down after I got home last night and that took a lot of the stiffness out of the knee. No running today but worked outside in the yard. Again, knee seems to have responded positively. I'll be working all afternoon tomorrow and Wednesday outside so we'll see how it responds but I am encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD to hear the knee is doing better. I know you are amrt enough to take time off, but I was worried you wouldnt so I am glad to hear you are... well, sort off. I know you are working hard on the house :-) Weekdays are hard for me to run period, but I am working out at home in the mornings... Cross training!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, finally got back out and it was really nice out. No humidity, small breeze. Did 7.4 and I am sure I will pay for this shortly. First run this week. Still somewhat sore but did have a few good moments.

    ReplyDelete