Sunday, March 14, 2010

THREE outdoor runs in one week!

Well, I did my 7 miles loop on Tuesday, add a mile to it for 8 on Thursday and I am doing the Logan House 5k in Wilmington today so I have to run outside despite the rain, albeit a short run followed by beer :-) I guess that is not really good training! So it looks like my longest pre-CR run was 9 miles... Also, not exactly the training I hoped for. CR is gonna HURT this year!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just looked at my calendar!!!!!! Guess I should look more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just did 7.6. Didn't get out yesterday. I am really tired from painting 4 hours a day Saturday and Sunday. Hope I can get out at least one more day this week but I have a 3 mile hike around Hoopes Resevoir tomorrow morning (will be muddy and slippery) and am busy from 9 to 4 on Wednesday. So we'll see. I will pick up your packet on Friday when I get mine, unless you don't want me to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, check out the video in the blog about our trip Sunday last to see Delaware waterfowl.
    http://02b93fb.netsolhost.com/blog/?p=2182

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6.8 today, almost 60 degrees. Tried a new pair of shoes but not sure they will be ready for Sunday. Tired. Need to sleep in. I hiked 3 miles around Hoopes Resevoir this morning. Not a long hike but uneven ground and pretty slippery in places. There is a Bald Eagles nest out there. Pretty neat, and they are sitting the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing all the stuff you guys are up to! Sounds so fun!
    I need some new shoes too but figured no rush cause I cant break them in by sunday either. Did I mention Sunday is gonna hurt??? A Lot??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No runs scheduled today. Fully booked from 9:30 to 4 then have to paint around some windows as the new curtains for bedroom and living room arrive tomorrow at 1 for installation. Need to have the painting done an don't want to be doing it has the installer comes in the door! Looks like Sunday is 65 and sunny. Actually, a little warm for this early. Looks like shorts with compression shorts underneath and a light longsleeve shirt (as it will still be coolish in at run time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have your stuff. New tags this year. They still tie into the shoe but we don't have to turn them back in. Hope to get out for a final run later this afternoon. Nothing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7.4 today, I think my new shoes will be okay. By the way, the T-shirts are really nice. I never got to show u the 1 from the cross country race but this is the same synthetic material, not cotton. Very nice. I'll probably leave here about 8 or more likely 8:15 and try and park in that church parking lot like I did last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for getting my stuff! Which Church? I always just look for a space on the street. Does it start at 10??? I am gonna die! I am really not trained enough this year. My triathlon isnt until september this year, so I am not in hard training yet and the job is SOOOOO much busier this year... I did a 7 mile run thursday and had a REALLY bad day! Nervous! But then I remind myself, whats the worst that could happen ??? I have to walk... so what! 70% of the population wont walk 2 miles on sunday, let alone run/walk 13!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Race starts at 9:30. 5K starts at 8:30. Don't be late. When I drive into Wilmingon I go right either at the YMCA intersection or the on before it. Which ever ones lets you actually turn right. In the block behind 10th street is a stone church with a large parking lot. I have no ability to go fast so maybe we can actually run together this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo, we did it. Great day yesterday.... Dave, eat your heart out...

    ReplyDelete