I didnt think you would be on while away so I didnt look until today! Sounds like you are having a wonderul time! So strange you are like the 3rd or 4th person to ring up the rail trail in the last 2 weeks I really want to see this thing Take a run on it bike on it! Sounds beautiul!
You come home tomorrow! I havent run at all this week between the heat and trying to catch up at work b4 my trip! Hopeully I can get lots o time in this week!
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Try it, you'll like it...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/southeast/ccrt.htm
This week has been a total wipeout as far as serious exercise is concerned, for me. This weather is just to dangerous to work out in outside. Hope you had a better shot at the beach but if what I saw on the news is true, your temperatures and humidity levels were as bad, or worse, then upstate here. You are better at getting out early then I, so maybe you found some sweet early hours.
ReplyDeleteI was finally able to push myself out the door this morning and did 7.4. First time in a week and it was really nice. Breeze, great clean air, no humidity. So, how was the beach? I heard it was pretty miserable there as well as here.
ReplyDelete6.7 today. Nice day. The high clouds helped and of course low humidity. Hope you can take advantage. It will be in the 90's next two days then a nice weekend.
ReplyDelete6.5 this morning and it was not at all pretty. Air was bad though it was somewhat overcast and very humid. Actually had to walk a bit at the end as I ran out of gas. Looking forward to a nice day tomorrow.
ReplyDelete6.7 this morning, no issues. Shows how aweful yesterday's air was. Hope you can get out today or tomorrow while the humidity is low. We're going to the movies this afternoon. Been a long time since we spent big movie bucks!
ReplyDelete6.7, first week in about 3 months that I've done 5 days and 30+ miles. And today was the most relaxed run I've had in a long time. Of course, being 80 degrees and slightly overcast helped a lot.
ReplyDelete7.4 yesterday and felt pretty good about it. Slowly starting to get back into it. Yesterday was pretty humid but only about 84 degrees. Not sure what today will bring. Appears to be some storms this morning.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you last night. Glad you could stop by. I didn't realize you had run that tri. I noted it on the news and I think I also noted it was a nasty, humid day. So, Congratulations on doing. I've really been bugging out this summer but hopefully will pick it back up here as fall approaches. Did 6.7 earlier today and not bad as long as you were running east - west. sorry all that crap is going on with your house. That always seems to be how it works though. I ordered a couple pair of shoes today as RRS sent a coupon for $25 off a purchase over $100, which as you know is not hard to do with shoe orders. I have none on the shelf right now and I usually keep at least one new pair in the stock.
ReplyDeleteMan was it brutal this morning. Did 6.7 and just finished (about 11:15) and I am totally drenched. Didn't realize it was that humid, or the sun that intense. That said, it is only about 84 but that was a tough one. Glad it is done. Jude and I are going swimming in our neighbors pool this afternoon. That will feel nice.
ReplyDeleteBrutal today. Humidity is a killer. Did 6.5 after subtracting my walk at the end. And I was out at 10.
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference a day makes! Did 7.4 this afternoon with a few spritzes of rain along the way. Humid but in the 70's. I'll take that any time. Hope you have time to get out.
ReplyDeleteIt has been months since I had an opportunity (!) to run in the rain. But today was the day. Of course, I didn't start out that way but as per Roberson's Law #2, it always starts raining at that point in your run when you are furthist from shelter. 6.7 miles today and a 34 mile week. Yeah me...! Now if I can just sustain it.
ReplyDeleteOkay dude, time for you to come online. You have to be back from your vacation and I'm sure you had fun. Probably more fun then I had today at 1:30 or so. It was really intense and I ended up walking a bit towards the end. But, I had a 34 mile week last week and yesterday I brought my running log up to date after about 7 months of lettnig it ride. I am over 40555 miles at this point. Who would figure....
ReplyDeleteOkay, while you are basking in sunshine and frolicking in the clear tropical waters, the fall triathalon season is creeping ever closer. So, you better get your butt out and train when you get back! For me, I took advantage of the 75 degree weather this morning to do 7.4 miles in the brilliant sunshine, and will cap it off with mowing the lawn this afternoon. Great fun.
ReplyDeleteNice morning, partly cloudy, but nice breeze out of the east making the run down Rte 48 very pleasant. 7.4 today after skipping yesterday. After working for an hour and a half on the back hill pulling weeds and using Round-up, I was so soaked in sweat the idea of a run had no appeal.
ReplyDeleteWell, it is a real exciting Monday morning as I sit here knowing that it is really nice outside but waiting for the A/C guy to call so he can clean out the plugged drain on the condensors (hoping that is all it is). I was 'rescued' by Jude yesterday after doing about 4.5 miles and a T-storm moved in on me mid afternoon. So, I am looking forward to a more complete run today.
ReplyDeleteWow, a taste of fall...today was a great run. I bagged yesterday, after 3 days in a row, my legs were a little dead. The day off helped as today I felt really good but that would have a lot to do witht he clouds and low temperature. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteNice day today. I went out after 1:30 and had a great run in the low humidity. Tomorrow looks great too, but then heat returns. Hope you are getting some exercise in...!
ReplyDeleteWith a good effort tomorrow and Tuesday I can make 120 miles for the month. First time I've had a month like that in probably almost a year. That said, I haven't done it yet and the weather will be pretty yucky this week. I'll need to get out early. Today did 7.4 and not too bad but I'm 'Gatoraiding' anyway. Hope you got out last week. It was really nice.
ReplyDeleteThought that I got out early enough today but after T'ai Chi worked on my legs last night they tired on the last few hills and I ended up having to walk a bit. It is really intense right now and the air is not the best. But, I'll give myself 6.5. At least I got the month off to a decent start.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you last night. You're lookin' good. I woke up this morning dizzy, sinus blocked, and sweating. I think I have been carrying a virus in my ears for about 2 weeks and it finally broke out today. Not quite so dizzy now but just taking it easy today. No running for sure although I'm loving the clouds.
ReplyDeleteFinally got back at it today. Still have some sinus issues but after yesterday off to try an heal a little I couldn't resist the great temperatures. So, 6.7 and $0.27 to the good! Felt pretty good, not all back on my breathing but my legs felt okay.
ReplyDelete