Time to get this blog up and running again! Sorry Eric! And thanks for the push! Time to find a new race and get focused! Heading out for a bike ride now! More later......
I was able to get out this morning and enjoy the great day. Actually I surprised myself by going the extra mile (7.4) and feeling pretty good. I have been nursing a latent sinus infection that saps my energy from time to time and laid me low two days ago. But I seem to fight these things for a long period time. Last time I ended up finally getting a 'Z' pack of antiboitics. We'll see how long before I get fed up with this one. But, if the weather would stay like this for awhile I will get a bunch of miles in. Hey, maybe we should aim for the Xcountry race at Brandywine State Park that we wimped out on last year!
Well, finally was able to get back at it today. I was so busy with new classes starting and other stuff that I wasn't able to get out Tues - Wed - Thurs. And, last night we lost power at 3:30 am and basically never got back to sleep waiting for it to pop on, which it finally did at 11:30 this morning. So, tired, but its a great day and did 7.6. Nothing tomorrow as UDel football will dominate my time during the day.
I didn't do very well last week. Intended to go out Sunday and did walk an hour with Jude. But when I started back out later in the day for a run, the nasties set in, and the Eagles were on. So I sat. Did get out for 7.4 today though. Very nice. Sun is intense with this low humidity. Busy tomorrow. Be lucky to get anything in.
What a great day. Actually, yesterday was as well. But kind of like running across the great salt lake. Humidity is so low you can't get enough water in after you're done. I like these Delaware games in the evening. Let's you get a lot of stuff done, then enjoy the evening.
Didn't make it out today. Jude and I went up to an international equastrian show jumping event up in Unionville this morning and by the time we got back I was too tired to go back outside. Your girls would love this event and we have a schedule for next year if you are interested. They have a number of events each year but this is the 3 day finale, is international, and have a great steeplechase on Saturday which we missed but was told it is spectactular because of the view.
*****UPDATE******* In 2009, in preparation for turning 40, I decided to train for a half ironman. The goal... simply to finish! AND I DID IT!!!! It was such an incredible experience, that #2 was supposed to be in fall of 2010. But time got away from me so i regrouped and completed the BEACH TO THE BATTLESHIP ..October 20, 2012. It was such a great race, I'm going back!!!!! October 26, 2013... 70.3 number three... HERE I COME!
I was able to get out this morning and enjoy the great day. Actually I surprised myself by going the extra mile (7.4) and feeling pretty good. I have been nursing a latent sinus infection that saps my energy from time to time and laid me low two days ago. But I seem to fight these things for a long period time. Last time I ended up finally getting a 'Z' pack of antiboitics. We'll see how long before I get fed up with this one. But, if the weather would stay like this for awhile I will get a bunch of miles in. Hey, maybe we should aim for the Xcountry race at Brandywine State Park that we wimped out on last year!
ReplyDeleteWell, finally was able to get back at it today. I was so busy with new classes starting and other stuff that I wasn't able to get out Tues - Wed - Thurs. And, last night we lost power at 3:30 am and basically never got back to sleep waiting for it to pop on, which it finally did at 11:30 this morning. So, tired, but its a great day and did 7.6. Nothing tomorrow as UDel football will dominate my time during the day.
ReplyDeleteI didn't do very well last week. Intended to go out Sunday and did walk an hour with Jude. But when I started back out later in the day for a run, the nasties set in, and the Eagles were on. So I sat. Did get out for 7.4 today though. Very nice. Sun is intense with this low humidity. Busy tomorrow. Be lucky to get anything in.
ReplyDeleteYesterday I was way too busy and also have a full plate tomorrow. But no way was I missing today. Hope you have a chance.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day. Actually, yesterday was as well. But kind of like running across the great salt lake. Humidity is so low you can't get enough water in after you're done. I like these Delaware games in the evening. Let's you get a lot of stuff done, then enjoy the evening.
ReplyDeleteDidn't make it out today. Jude and I went up to an international equastrian show jumping event up in Unionville this morning and by the time we got back I was too tired to go back outside. Your girls would love this event and we have a schedule for next year if you are interested. They have a number of events each year but this is the 3 day finale, is international, and have a great steeplechase on Saturday which we missed but was told it is spectactular because of the view.
ReplyDelete