Well, I have NOT been getting it the exercise I want! Gotta figure out how to change this!
Startedt eh new right with a trainer session on day one, gym workout day 3, spin class day 4 and 11 mile trail run(6) walk(5) on day 5, which was saturday. However, on saturday, I decided to plant my left knee cap, with all my weight, in a concrete stepping stone! OUCH! I was on my trail run, crossing a creek, when I stepped on the concrete crossing pad and didnt get my whole goot on the cynlinder... my foot slid off and my knee hit the gournd (concrete). Knocked the wind out of me, ripped my tights and jammed my wrist stopping my face from hitting as well. So, now to get back to the car.... I limped the almost mile back to the aid station at mile 5. Then there was a 1.75 mile shortcut to get back..... off we went (thank goodness for my friend Gary assisting) But, we took a wrong turn and ended up taking a FIVE mile walk on my bum kneww just to get back to car!
After all that, surprisingly, the knee is ok! It is the hand/wrist that is taking forever to heal! GO figure! So, I would LOVE to be running again.... but now, I am 2 days into a 4 day trial.... my first CIVIL trial in 12 years!!!! Two FULL days completed, but no time left for exercise :-( ARGH!!!!!!!! I NEED TO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Caesar Rodney is coming and it appears my uncle is going to KICK MY BUTT!
Way to go Eric.. you are RACKING up some miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So sorry to here about that episode. A very good thing Gary was along with you to help (except for the wrong turn of course). Glad I stick to established paths. No run today. Very sore from 4 days in a row and the 8+ yesterday. Doubt that I'll kick your butt. I'm still slow, just consistent! Today we'll have a beautiful afternoon to work at Coverdale Farms at the pond. Need to get out of this house and back into a routine but OALL doesn't start for another 3 weeks.
ReplyDeleteOh, you will kick my butt! I cannot seem to get into a consistent routine! Had my first civil trial in 12 years this week... and it lasted 3 days!!!!!! all work and no play..... ;-)
ReplyDeleteGiving myseslf 7.3 for the route I took today but the battery in my shoe died on the run so I have no clue what I really did. I know it was over 7. Nice day. Hope the wrist is on the mend. See you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess I lied yesterday. I gave my shoe new life (a new battery) and reran yesterdays course. 8.26! So, I've run my 1/2 marathon. Just took me 2 days to do it. Might as well have been raining today. Visibility was probably 1/10 of a mile and end pretty wet. But, I'll take 54 degrees in January.
ReplyDeleteOn the road again...off yesterday, just too yechy to run. A little raw today but my schedule is filled tomorrow and most likely Thursday unless I get in a late afternoon short run. 8.5 today. A good way to start the week. And so far, not very stiff from last weeks mileage. So, maybe I am rounding in to shape here. 8 weeks to go!
ReplyDeleteFinally got out today after 3 days off. We have a very physical t'ai chi class thursday. Were working one pose for about 15 or 20 minutes. Very tiring on the knees. I can still feel it. Did 8.7 today and will try for another 8 tomorrow to make up for the 3 days off and get my weekly miles in. Plus, next week is going to be a bear for outside work.
ReplyDeleteLast nice day for a while. Repeated yesterdays loop for 8.7 so got my 25 miles in for the week with only 3 days running. A little sore but today was easier then yesterday was. Could not go out when it is 52 degrees in January!
ReplyDeleteGot out today for what will probably be my last run until Thursday when it warms up. Thinking that wind chills in the single digits are not conducive to a comfortable run. Besides, 22 miles in 3 days means a couple rest days. On the bike if I feel antsy.
ReplyDelete24 degrees, wind chill 11...did 6.3 this afternoon and other then being tired from wearing all the layers felt pretty decent. Nice to be in the bright sun. Vaselined up by face and chapstick on the lips and was fine. Hopefully this will ease up shortly but snow tomorrow afternoon.
ReplyDeleteMade it out today. Very nice brilliant sun. Was a litte concerned about the footing but even in the places where it is usually icey it was fine, dry in fact. I used a pair of old shoes because of all the salt. The on thing I hate about running after a snow, especially along a major highway, is breathing (and tasting) all the ground up salt thrown in the air by the cars. Did 6.5 today.
ReplyDeleteCould not let a 50 degree day in January pass without going out. Besides, start to get busy next week when Osher Academy classes kick in. Did 9.3 today, 10:20 pace. Nice to have 1/2 the cloths on I did last week!
ReplyDelete