The knee has taken a full 4 weeks to heal! And the wrist is still slightly sprained... but I can do the lifting my trainer wants me to do again :-) So I had a good few weeks. I was tired of bieng sore and injured last weekend and I got in 6 straight days of exercise :-) Th 3.6 treadmill, Fr spin class, sat. 6.67 mile road run, sun. 5 mile trail run, mon. spin class and tues. gym workout wth trainer! Then I had 3 days off (due to work obligations) and started back this weekend with a sat. gym workout, sun. 9.1 mile trail run and tuesday (today) gym workout with trainer :-)
Definately need to get more running miles in but I am definately picking it up. January was a very busy work month and February isnt loking much better so I am going to have to really work to find time.
Eric, you are doing awesome! I soooo wanted to get out in this weather today but I had work, a funeral and my trainer.... Not a possiblity!
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear from you and glad you are getting something in. I am not as sore as I expected to be after yesterday's run and will most likely do about 30 minutes on the bike today just to get loose. I have Ashland this afternoon and tomorrow I am up in King of Prussia for a SCORE meeting mostly all day. Just so you know, the older you get, the longer it takes to heal...just sayin'. Probalbly won't see you at Deb's on Monday. She has scheduled her Linda dinner a little too early for us. Jude has a PT appointment that goes until nearly 6. We couldn't get to Deb's before 7 most likely. And Monday is a long day for Jude as she goes straight from Friends School to PT and is there for most of 2 hours. I need get in a 10 miler or so in the next couple weeks and do at least 1 8 miler per week. But I am encouraged that I am not as stiff as anticipated. But I do sleep well!
ReplyDeleteAnticipation is usually always worse then the reality and that was true this afternoon. I was dreading the wind because in the few times I was out this morning it just seemed really bitter. But I haven't been out since the 9 miler on Monday and needed the miles. So, I was actually very relaxed and put in a nice 8.8. Hope I can do a shorter run tomorrow. They are talking some snow on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteNice run! I went skiing friday and was smart enough to sit and my burr and slide down when I hit a black diamond slope that was TOOO icy! Really run day, made more fun by NOT breaking a leg! :-) No runs in this weekend tho. Having a hard time finding time and motivation in the cold!
ReplyDeleteFinally made it back out this afternoon. Yesterday was so raw out. I've been more comfortable in colder weather. But just finished 8.8 in snow showers. But it is about 35 so very comfortable and nice not to be in full tights. Sometimes I think you get stiff and sore running in cold weather because you have some many layers of cloths to push around with every step. Totally committed tomorrow. No run.
ReplyDeleteAt least you didn't pull a Lindsey Vonn....
ReplyDeleteI still havent made it out!!!!! But I did have a session with my trainer today and he was heavy on the squats so prbably equally conditioning :-)
ReplyDeleteMissed you all last night! Hope to see you at Deb and Tims dinner, whenever that will be... no plan yet.
Poor Lindsey huh? That is a serious injury!!!!!
Alright, GOTTA get in a good run this weekend!
Got back out this afternooon. Not sure what tomorrow may bring, rain? Snow? Nothing? Just did 6.4 today. Almost doesn't seem like enough anymore! I guess that's a good sign. I want to do a longer run this weekend as well. Looks like maybe the weather will cooperate. I'd like to do a 10 miler. We'll see how all that works out.
ReplyDeleteWell we certainly lucked out on the storm. It wasn't too pleasant this morning so finished my cleaning. Went out about 3 and pretty much overdressed as the wind had dropped off. Just did 6.4 which was enough with all the layers on. Tomorrow hopefully it will be a little nicer, I can dress a little looser, and try and do 9 or 10.
ReplyDeleteWhew, 10.9 today...painful but in the bag. Pace was 10:16. Slow, but didn't drop off from lessor distances so that is good. I'm slow, but consistent.
ReplyDeleteBusy day today but just finished 6.8 this morning. Nice day. Am very happy that I seem to have no repercussions from the long run Sunday. No stiffness (maybe I didn't run hard enough). I was a little leg weary today but some of that was tension from having to get the run done due to committments this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteBusy day today.Hiked 4 miles this morning, class at 12:30, home to run 6.4 in the great sunshine, T'ai Chi at 6:00...Found the great Blue Heron stalking my koi pond this evening but all members of the family are accounted for. 5 deer in the yard as I walked out to go to class this evening...they ran about 20 yards, stoppped, and watched me leave. Funny..they are almost fearless.
ReplyDeleteManaged to make it back from my early afternoon meeting in time to get in 6.4 in this incredible weather. Ran in two layers, shorts. Glad I could get this in because I think the weekend is going to hell (weatherwise).
ReplyDeleteToday was one of the more uncomfortable runs I've had. Can't say it was refreshing but it was actually very weird. Squinting into a bright sun while the snow flurries worled around me. Pretty chilly really. I had hoped to do a long run today but that will have to wait. It was just too nasty to do much more then get some miles in.
ReplyDeleteOkay, certainly a nicer day today then yesterday neither Jude or I had anything ont he schedule. Went out about 2:30 for an 8 mile run and ended up at 9.3. Little blood on my toe. May lose that nail but what the heck. Didn't probably need it anyway. Don't feel too bad. Over dressed a little. Rain tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWell, I think 3 days off was good for me. I was really busy schedule wise and the weather was so windy and raw that it sucked anyway. I did hike 5 miles on the new C&D Canal trail out of St. Georges on Wednesday morning (31 degrees at the time by the way). Got out this afternoon and did 8.7 and felt pretty strong. In fact my pace actually reflected that at 10:06 a mile. That's good for me laterly by the way! Tomorrow appears to be a wash and I'm busy all day anyway. I can get my 3rd day in Sunday (3 weeks to the CR).
ReplyDeleteCompleted the week with a 9.4 mile run. A little windier then I would have liked, but I'll take 46 degees and bright sun. Only got 3 days in this week but they were all long. Warm up predicted for next week. 3 weeks from today, we'll be done with the run!
ReplyDeleteGot in 6.4 late today and enjoyed the nice 'not quite spring' weather. Just wanted to take easy after yesterday's run. This week I am way overscheduled so not sure this will be a good week for consistency. However, I've now got 107 miles for February with 3 days to go. With only 28 days, Feb always a tough month to knock out 100 because there are no 'extra' days on those 4 weeks.
ReplyDeleteBegged off my hiking class this morning since I wasn't real interested in hiking Rockwood in North Wilmington. Took the time to do 7.3 and in 9:56 pace...very happy with that. If 3/17 was like today, I'd take it. Partly cloudy, no wind to speak of, about 47. Very nice conditions.
ReplyDelete