Friday, March 1, 2013

its official, i"m screwed!

I just cannot find the time to get runs in this year.  Last weekend I had to go to florida OVERNIGHT for work.  Up at 4:30 saturday morning, arrived at hotel in St. pete's at 12:55 for a 1:00 conference... NO LIE!   Class til 6:00 followed by dinner and team building.  Breakfast meeting at 8;15 sunday, class 9-1 and shuttles back to airport left at 1:15.  Arrived back in Philly at 9:15.   No time this whole work week!   Been over a week since I ran!     I WILL run this weekend but I am in NO way ready for the 17th!   Will be a lot of walking this year.

Eric, on the other hand, appears to be KICKING BUTT this year :-)   Maybe you could have dinner ready when I finally get across the finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL!

17 comments:

  1. I love the 'team building ' bit. Damn I'm glad that I don't have to put up with that shit anymore! Sounds like a hell of a weekend. So, you think that the CR will be a 'walk in the park', literally! At this point, for sure don't push yourself. Oh yeah, I just finished 9.4....I like running on Saturday after about an hour of tai chi in the morning. Nice and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I see how it is..... RUB IT IN!!!!!!!! ;-) LOL! I am glad you are having such a good year.... I humbly hand over a kick a** run to you this year.... and yes, I will take a "walk in the park" and maybe around the stadium, and thru downtown and....... hahahaha!
    Nice 9er.... very impressed!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was very tired from Saturday's run yesterday. According to my shoe, the pace was 9:47 which is about15 seconds faster then anything I have done this year. So, I don't really believe it. But my body did. So, I didn't go out. Today was still tired but did 6.4. Hopefully tomorrow will get out as well. This weekend is supposed to be in the low 50's so we'll try another long run of 9 or so, then that's pretty much it until Sunday the 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a really crummy day on the way tomorrow had to get out today. 47 and golden sun...was tired but got through 7.2. Obviously tomorrow will be a day off, Wednesday usually is anyway due to current committments. Really weird incident this morning. Jude was in the kitchen, I was upstairs. We heard this commotion. Walked out of the office room and here is a Red Tailed Hawk peering in the palladium window above the front door! Truthfully, I think he was attacking his image in the glass. His head was huge...What a treat to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is really cool about the Hawk! I love when nature comes close :-) I am so amazed by animals and their behaviors.

    Well, I at least got in a 5 imle run this weekend. And I have been doing workout tapes athome since I am having a hard time getting out..... FItness is fitness.... while running may be the BETTER preparation, I should think all 'smartly done' fitness should help a little :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't go out today. I seem to have picked up a bit of a sinus infection of some sort. Probably why I was so tired last week after the long run. I'll run this weekend but probably keep it to 6 miles or so and easy to avoid bring this thing on. If I can keep it at bay until the 17, I can destroy my immune system on 13.1 and rest the next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Early forecast is 48 degrees, cloudy, 10 mph wind, 30% chance of rain. Not bad. Didn't go out yesterday. This sinus infection had me struggling a little bit. I am going to try later today. I have been working a couple hours in the yard and feel pretty decent. Will keep it to 6 probably but I have to enjoy this day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure how much butt I am going to kick. After feeling great on Saturday I probably over did it with the run. Sunday was an ugly day and I haven't stepped out to run since. I will take it easy the rest of the week lest I drive this sinus thing further into my system. Hopefully, I will be strong on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Decided I needed to get out at least once this week despite the sinus congestion. Just to see how it was going. I did 7.3 today, didn't push. The truth will come when I see how my body reacts to that tonight and tomorrow. Picked up my stuff yesterday. Ready to go. Today was also sort of a dress rehearsal for Sunday to see how many layers I wanted. Meet you by the bus waiting station like before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, official results are posted. My time was 2:03:11, 9:25 per mile average. I'll surely take that as it is way below where my training splits have been. But I will pay for that. I think I'll be pretty sore tomorrow. Great day...glad you are pleased with your run as well. What fun...(did I just say that?).

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice blog. please visit mine too. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw your note to Jude this morning. Sorry you struggled. Sounds like the time 3 years ago when I ran then got real sick right after. Hope you are feeling better. I haven't been out to run yet but did a bike workout on Monday and that helped with the stiffness. 5 mile hike this morning in White Clay Creek State Park. That was nice. Tai Chi tonight so probably will get back out to run tomorrow weather permitting. Would be nice to get above 41 degrees though. I'm ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate being the 13th comment. I think they should design this thing to skip 13!...finally got back out today. Felt pretty good although right hamstring was as little sore late in the run but felt really good. Was a bit chilly still into the wind. Did 7.3. Good start getting back into and looking forward to spring weather. Did a hike White Clay from the Newark trail head. That is really nice in there. Long flat trails along the stream or all the off road roots and ruts you want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally got back outside this afternoon. Did 6.7 and so nice to run in shorts again! I've really been out of it due to schedule but also this sinus/allergy thing that just saps my strength. I don't feel all that badly, just tired and of course stuffed nose. Hopefully a few more sunny, warm days will bake it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, finally managed to get back outside. And why not in almost 60 degree weather. But truthfully, I've been knocked on my back by this sinus problem and have been very uncomfortable with it although there appears to be no sign of infection. Just swollen sinus that makes breathing difficult. But, when I run it clears up and I had real good legs today. 6.7.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Between my personal schedule and this sinus problem I've had a devil of a time getting decent miles in. Yesterday obviously was a washout, but I was busy from 7:30 to 3:00 anyway. I finally got 6.7 in today and it was a great day. Only time all day by I have been able to breath through my nose. I suppose it will shut down now for the rest of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Made it out yesterday and today. But had a bad hamstring cramp at the end of today's outing. Good thing I have no plans for tomorrow or Wednesday (too much scheduled). Nice to run in shorts though. Keeping it short because I have been very erratic lately. The Boston thing was horrific. I hope they nail the bastards quickly.

    ReplyDelete