Friday, April 19, 2013

Im here Im here! Dont go away :-)

Well, its been slow going since Caesar Rodney but I am getting our once in a while.  Cant seem to get to spin class on fridays, cant seem to run between jobs like I used to... jsut struggling to find time.   I did do the Nefrosky 5k today and "allowed" myself to walk part of the hill up to the resevoir... sure, I wish I didnt feel the need to, but I am old enough and wise enough now to not push too hard just for pride :-)

Eric, sounds like you are doing well, but having a hard time finding time too????? But runnign more than me!!!!!!  Darn you!!! ;-)

SOOOOOOO glad they got the Boston guys!  WOO HOO!!!!!!!   Saw a friend at the Y who was yards away and saw the carnage.  She is really shaken... and still has ear issues from the noise.  Sad....
So weird I knew so many there or supposed to be there but couldnt go for one reason or another....  
Prayers to all involved!!!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are back online. You are right, I am really struggling for miles because of my scheduled. But I did hike 4 miles at the Susquhanna State Park Thursday morning and 6 miles (Ashland Nature Center to Bucktoe preserve) Friday. I was pretty tired from that as the latter hike is mostly bushwacking, not on trails. Today I need to mow. Also done a lot of SCORE stuff. Once my courses at the Academy are over in early May, I'll get back to a regular schedule. SSP was awesume. It is one of the premier spots in the Nation for wildflowers and we caught the Blue Bells in bloom. The entire forest floor was covered in blue except for the path we were on. Incredible. Spent the next 4 hours watching eagles at Conowingo dam. Yesterday I spent taking photos for DNS at their Earth Day celebration at the Petersen Center on the riverfront.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are doing some really cool things! All that is JUST as important to your mental health as running is to your physical health.... I wouldnt worry at all about taking a little time off :-)
    I just finished teaching my class so hopefully, I will find time and get back on track with my workouts. I got 6 miles in yesterday but seems I have to psend one weekend day or ther other mowing, cleaning etc. and the workout just never gets the time :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that. I'm behind on my cleaning as Jude will soon remind me, and I still have a full schedule this week. We had a hike tonight through the Red Clay Preserve, which is basicly the protected land behind our development and ultimately include Ashland Nature Center. But this part, which includes some vigin forest and goes up to Mt. Cuba, is not accessable to the general public. Jude went with me as I it was only 2 miles and supposed to be an easy hike, which for the most part it was. Beautiful back there. Had tai chi private lesson this morning and tmomrrow bookkeeping with my landscape contractor, and 2 classes. Maybe I'll get the toilets cleaned by tomorrow night! But May is the best time of year for birding as the songbirds move up the east coast. Middle Run is an especially good place to see them as the pass through. So, I'll be out and about for that in the next few weeks for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, did you do the hearing for the dude that they caught running around Newark showing off his stuff? Seems like he got off cheap with $1600 bail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! Keep on getting out there! And you're NOT old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, finally got out this afternoon. But it was costly. About 1/2 through hamstring cramped up. At least I hope it was a cramp and not a pull. Thought I would have to walk home but after a little stretching and walking was able to jog and finish the run (6.7). Probably will stiffen up tonight. I'm on Allegra. I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.
    We celebrated "World Tai Chi" day by going with our school and doing forms and Qiqong in Brandywine Park, Josephine Gardens. It was quite pretty there, perfect morning. The school is really a nice group of dedicated people.

    ReplyDelete

  7. The thunder Ling Ling spoke his/her own viewpoint, then excused me of took a look two female companions.However, the local owner apparently prefers young and fashionable brands like H&M.

    Anyways, it looks like sneakerheads are going to be in for a treat because at some point in the movie President Foxx will switch from his surely expensive Air Jordan 2 loafers to a pair of the Air Jordan 4 Fire Red.The netting along with the central silhouette was adapted solely from the Air Jordan 5.Social media may have played a role in the Boston Massacre story. I have to have a air jordan shoes day to make the cut; I have to shoot six or seven under anyway.Among a field of black and white, the Nike Mercurial stood out for it's sleek shape and colourful, speed-inspired visual design.

    ReplyDelete