Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blue water, white sand

Back from a long weekend in Punta Cana with 2 awesome friends!  What a blast!   Got in 2 short runs... 3milers.... but they were ON the beach IN the Carribean.... I just LOVE that!!!!!!
Now it is MAY and it is time to really really really get focused and MAKE time for my runs and workouts.  Trying to slow on cardio and increase weights.

Eric, how is the leg?  Still think it was the allegra?

Theia, so good to hear from you!   Hoping we are the same run or fundraiser or SOMETHING soon!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Bit the bullet and went out today. Took it easy, or so I thought, and had absolutely no pain at all in that leg. As Jude told you, the bruise is about the size of a softball. I have no idea what I did but if I tore something last week I assume it would still be plenty painful. So, I don't know if a severe cramp is enough to rupture some capillaries or not to cause the bruising. Bottom line, after 6.3 miles at a 10:06 pace, I feel fine. But on a day like this, how could you feel otherwise. I have been hiking a lot also, and not had any problems. Maybe that has even helped. And I had no trouble on the recumbant bike the other day. Jude told me about your litte fiasco...Can't wait to hear how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiasco is a mild choice :-) LOL! Honestly, kids do dumb things and I cant tell you hos many people have said they did it too as a kid... Unreal! Gotta laugh when their mot around, be stern when they are, and move foward. But yes, you'll like the story :-)

    Glad to hear the leg is owrking ok... What a mystery! It ws gorgeous today,. I actually packed a bag and ran on my luch hour! Got in 5 miles.... pretty good for me right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't run today, hiked this morning, Coverdale to Ashland to Coverdale. One of my favorite hikes but it is somewhat strenuous. Steep hills, bushwhacking, and a wet stream crossing (thankfully near the end of the hike). Pretty tired tonight and will most likely be a bit sore tomorrow. I will run again tomorrow but have to find time to mow as well.

    I'm sure your insurance agent is pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bys the way, just what does an fire hydrant cost these days?

    ReplyDelete