Friday, May 17, 2013

crazy month

So still trying to find time!   Saturday I did yard work, etc. b/c I had to leave for Kentucky Sunday.  We had mother's day dinner saturday night, girls and I did brunch sunday and I left sunday afternoon.   I did manage to get up Monday morning and workout in the hotel gym before work... but tuesday was a travel home day and the last 2 days have been playing catch up so no workouts :-(   Tomorrow is saturday... should be abot to get in a run and sunday I have the grande Fonde bike race... would should be interesting since I havent been on the road yet this year!   Altho I have gotten some mountain bike rides in.....

Eric, I had NO idea about the heartattack at the marathon.... so sad!   Was he ok do you know?   
So your leg is doing better?  You will get some nice runs in at the beach.  I am jealous :-)

Theia, I would LOVE to get together!   I forget where you are?  I am in Newark.....  

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are just one world traveler these days!
    Life is tough enough to get exercise but traveling is even tougher, and you can't eat well either most of the time. Yesterday, today and tomorrow morning are dedicated to closing shop here and gettin to the beach. Fun begins Sunday. Also should have my photo shoot with Kevin Fleming sometime next week as well. Horseshoe crabs and associated Red Knots and other migrant birds should be swarming the beaches right now. Can't wait to get over to Cape Henlopen Park in the morning and see the action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, good start to the week. Very overcast here, well, low clouds actually. But no rain expected until later this afternoon or evening. 87% humidity but 60 degees. Did 7.6 and felt pretty good at a 10 minute pace. Nice not having to run through crowds of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very weird day down here. Warmer then yesterday, it was 77 by mid morning and humidity near 100%. Did run, but both Jude and I got caught in these 'pop up' showers that when they hit brought in a breeze from the ocean that probably dropped the temp 15 degrees in minutes. Did another 7.6 but was sluggish from yesterday. Will hike Thompson's Island tomorrow in lieu of a run. Then de-tick. Neat place but filthy with ticks. Dinner tonight with our good friends Len and Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloudy all morning. We went over to Cape Henlopen Park. Got a couple decent Pipping Plover shots. But the skys were very OC. Sun this afternoon and that was when I ran. In the low 80's I'd expect but a nice southwestern breeze helpped the run back home. Still, not used to the humidity yet and did walk once. Very nice this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ticks totally gross me out! I couldnt do it!
    What a mess yesterday.... storms and tornados RIGHT as my plane was to land and re-plane with me on :-) They diverted the plan to Houston as DFW grounded all planes..... My 3:00 flight turned into 7:00... not home until 12:15 am!

    Did get in a lifting working out at the hotel Monday and a 4.5 mile run in Dallas Tuesday before work.... Of course, all this after a crash during my 31 mile bike race before I left sunday morning.......
    Mr. front tire met Mr. sewer grate slate.....thank you Mr. Cop who made me turn a corner I was not supposed to :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will email you. Maybe we can get together this weekend for a holiday workout. :) Are you doing St. Andrews?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess if you can run you are okay from the crash. How did the bike fair? Did the wheel get bent? I've stepped in sewer grates runnning and gone done. Not fun. Glad you are okay. Weather in the mid west is horrible. Nice timing on the trip. I guess we are getting our share today and tomorrow. Not sure whether I will run this morning or not. It is still pretty humid down here and no storms, yet! I'm also pretty stiff from my 3 runs and leg weary since I really have been off any serious mileage since the CR. Might wait until tomorrow but weather is worse tomorrow then today.

    ReplyDelete