Monday, August 12, 2013

Inaugaral Top of Delaware Tri this weekend

I am gettin ready. The first EVER permission to swim in the Newark Resevoir... this sunday. 1/4 mile swim, 11+ mile HILLY bike and 2.6 start and finish with a hill run! Shoud be interesting. So , even after doing 64/5 miles of hills on saturday, I swam 26 laps Sunday and ran 3.3 miles at lunch today... Proud of myself :-)

5 comments:

  1. Good job... so, you will officially be a 'resevoir dog' I guess. You should be able to handle it easily unless you actually have to run up the hill to get in the pond! Did 6.6 this afternoon once the 2.5 inches of rain (as measured in my gauge) cleared away. Funny day. Really nice running into the breeze, very intense sun with your back to the air. I felt pretty good. I've decided my malaise is due to a lingering sinus problem and I probably need to break out new shoes. Usually when I have continue leg fatique its because I've over run the useful life of my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was another glorious day. Wow, amazing how much better you feel at 76 degrees, brisk breeze, bright sun, and humidity in the 50% range. I took off yesterday as I was working at Ashland NC. Back today for another 6.7. Still haven't broken out the new shoes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe last few days have been gorgeous! Glad you got out. I have been out, but lightly as not to do too much before tomorrow. Wednesday I ran 4.5 and thrusday I biked 17. Planned to swim friday but didnt have time so, tommorrow is race day and I will have to do what I can do! LOL! Swim is short so hopefully that will be easy. But the bike is darn hilly... and the run has 2 big hills too. So, we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you did well. It was a pretty nice day. We had to be in Newark at 3 and I went to Tai Chi practice in the morning. So, no run for me but hopefully Sunday AM before I mow (and it gets too humid, also showers in the PM maybe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice running at 72 degrees, even with the humidity. A few raindrops but nothing to note. Amazing how much difference fresh shoes make! I really felt good. Next Sunday it will be 90 so better enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete