Sunday, October 13, 2013

TWO weeks to GO time

So it is two weeks until my third 1/2 ironman! I have been saying that I am not as trained as I would like, and thats true, but I am not too bad either. I got in 2 days in the pool last week and 2 days this week so I am feeling better about the swim. Wont be my fastest but as usual, I am only competing with myself and the goal is comPLETing more than competing.... Just want to do 2 minutes better than last year :-) Bike has been good. I feel stronger on the bike this year. I did a ride in Delaware City last week... a 10 mile ride from Delaware City to New Castle and back for 20 miles round trip. You could do up to 3 loops. My friends all did 20 miles as they are done for the season and not currently training... I went back out for another 20 alone. One guy felt bad and caught up with me and did 10 of the 20 with me. He was a stronger bike so that really pushed me from mile 20-30. Then I rode 30-40 alone and was a little slower after the hard push.... All in all, felt GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! My runs are good.... not fast but no pains...... Would like to have had some longer runs leading up to the race but life is life and we only have so much time. Got in a couple 8 miles, some 6's..... One weekend left and the next one will be race day.... the 26th! WOO HOO!

4 comments:

  1. Wondered when the 'tri' was. I was thinking maybe it was this weekend. Sounds like you have a good base though. The bike-to-the-bay 75 was good training for you as well. I've been a little slack this week although running in a Nor'easter is not really a good idea. So, Thursday I did 50 minutes on the bike. Today I just finished 7.2 and felt pretty good. Yesterday being game day, and the game starting at noon, was not conducive to convienent exericse either. I'm almost done my running year. Have about 6 weeks to do and need a whole bunch of miles to hit 1000. I can do it but I have to be a little better then I've been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I have been going non-stop yesterday and today. No lunch either day and probably none tomorrow. But I did get in 6.8 this morning and it was really, really nice. I actually ended up overdressed because inside the house was cooler then it was outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the good news is I did finally get out yesterday (Friday) and had a great run in great weather. The bad news is that while showering afterwards I noticed that the area where my hernia is was buldging out. No pain, but not a pretty sight and potential for bad stuff. Called the Dr. and we'll consult on Monday but suspect it is best to get this taken care of as soon as possible at this point. Does not hurt to run with it. Funny that when I notice it most is blowing my nose....guess I'll stop blowng my nose! Well, maybe that's not a good idea either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT? I didnt know you were sporting a hernia! Whats up with that? And it wasnt actually bothering you? You just saw it actually? that sounds ouchy.... and spooky! Glad you called right away. Has it gone down at all over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete