Sunday, January 9, 2011

THAT WAS COLD!~

So I actually went out this morning. 4.75 which I am good with since I wanted to turn around before I even hit 1~!! That wind is wicked! The way out was in my face, the way back was a little better as the wind was at my back a good portion and I actually got a little warm :-) This was the first run since I overdid it last weekend on the trails, but I did get in 2 P90X tapes this week. Yoga on Thursday, legs and back on friday and kempo cardio on saturday... so all and all, a good week!

9 comments:

  1. You are a bear! Man, Sunday was nasty. I don't think the wind chill ever got above about 21. I was getting stir crazy after several days of being weathered out but I could not bring myself to doing it on Sunday. I did get out this afternoon and it was pretty decent. Tomorrow I have to go to King of Prussia for a meeting 10 until 2 so suspect then now predicted 5 to 8 inches of snow will have begun by the time I arrive back in Hockessin. Oh well, shoveling is good exercise too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently someone from India recognizes that you are a crazy person to run 16 miles through the mud and knows that ultimately you will need their services (i.e. a wheelchair)! Anyway, I finally got back outside today. About 30 degrees and no wind chill to speak of. A little sluggish but the sun on the snow with crystal clear blue sky was magnificent. Looks like some snow showers tomorrow evening but should get out well before that happens. Sorry we didn't make dinner the other night. We have our 36th anniversary coming up in 11 days. Yikes...say it ain't so...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was able to post a 6.6 miler today. Unfortunately I didn't get out until after the sun disappeared but it was still pretty decent. At least it was above freezing! Starting to get a little raw though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed yesterday but forced myself out this afternoon for what I thought would be a pretty uncomfortable run. But I was well dressed and in the end, helped by the day off, I felt pretty good. Glad to get it in before the foul weather comes in this evening. Didn't see your name in the list for th Icicle, but then again, I didn't see mine either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled upon your blog. I'm signed up for my first half ironman in Augusta Sept 25, 2011. Any training tips or schedules would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Bonnie, great resume. My recommendation, don't train like Lisa...just kidding, she is a tough dude. Of course she only did 16 miles Xcountry in the mud because she was lost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie,
    I went to your blog but I dont know how to post or follow you...
    Congrats on your decision to do the 1/2. It was an AMAZING experience for me!!!! Lots of hard work, but doable! I printed an 18 week training plan off the internet but followed it VERY loosely. Only because of work and kids. It had 3 workouts in each discipline per week. I CANNOT fit in 9 workouts a week! It also had intervals and times, etc.... I also couldnt follow that to a "t" and you know, I did just fine! My suggestions are do as much as you can, dont overdo and dont stress when you can do all you want. Make your goal simply to finish, not a time. WHen I did the 56 mile bike ride on race day, I have NEVER biked 56 miles without stopping. NEVER! And I was fine. THe rule of thumb is that if you can do 1/3 the distance comfortably, you can do the distance. If you can do 2/3 the distance comfortably, you can do the distance with a decent time. When is your race?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like running. Especially if the was so cold.

    Seattle Real Estate

    ReplyDelete