Monday, July 4, 2011

reached the goal

So this weeks long run goal was to add a mile from last week (11 last week) and I did!!!! Just finished 12 miles! Hows that for the start of 4th of July! Now I can eat and drink the holiday away.... LOL! WIthin reason of course. Dont want to UNdo all the good I just did ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Just finished 6.7 after taking yesterday day off. It was not as oppressive today as I thought it was going to be but it is a pretty tough run none the less. Cool down will take a while. What are you building toward?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be very careful if u go out today. I just finished 6.6. A slow job the whole way but I didn't need to stop. But the air quality if terrible. With this extra distance you are running, and these conditions, you should start using Gatorade or some type of sports replacement drink for electrolytes if you are not doing so already. This is about the only time of the year I drink that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To expect anything more out of a run today other then to finish without stopping would be pretty aggressive. It's not baking hot with that cloud cover but the humidity must be double yesterday. Finished 6.7 just now and fortunate to get it in before the storms come. We are going up to Media tonight for dinner with Craig and Jeannie. Will be a late night for us as Craig is springing in celebration (I guess) of his 60th b'day. Reservation is at 7:30. We'll probably be asleep at the table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard a nasty rumor that you couldn't make it over the door stoop. Must be tired after all those miles! Hope you are okay. We got home about 11 or so last night from Media. Didn't try and go out today although the humidity was way down. It was still pretty darn hot in that sun. Maybe tomorrow morning before it gets too bad. High of 91 for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete