Yes, I tripped. I stumbled... and I guess I am old cause I pulled a neck muscle! Thankfully I got in a 7 mile run Thursday morning before I tripped so I only had to miss Friday and Saturday and would have rested one of those days anyway. Doctor said I could run again in 4-7 days....But I dont listen too well. Feeling ok so I am heading out shortly BUT, I will be smart.... I am heading for trails rather than pavement to reduce pounding and I will not let my pride get me... I will walk if I need to!
Eric... you are knocking it out!!!! Impressive in this ridiculous humidity!
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just finished 7.4. Hope you are out. The sun is intense but the humidity is reasonable and the little breeze helps. Yes, listen to your body and do what it tells you that you can do! Understand by brother tried to dance around a tree or something and Linda can't lift anything. Man, this family is going to hell in a handbasket!
ReplyDeleteOh no!!! How did your run go yesterday? Any pain?
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you. I pulled or strained something in my lower back Saturday morning. :( Sucks getting old!
This weather sucks...hopefully we get a break in a day or 2. Old! You ain't seen nothing yet!
ReplyDeleteOkay, with the clouds today and the humidity knocked back a bit it was pretty decent this morning for 7.4 jog. I was surprised that I didn't have much life in my legs after two days off but maybe that's what lying around will do for you. You should get some great miles in next week in BB.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the root canel. That's about as much fun as, well, a root canal! Hope you are feeling better. Had a busy morning but managed to get in 6.7 when I got home. Missed a beautiful day yesterday. Just too busy with other things. Weather gets nastier the next few days. You should do better at BB.
ReplyDeleteYou had better be runnin' that BB to the inlet route this week (although be careful at the bridge due to the construction. Although that will be a really hot run if the temps get into the 90's. No shade on that stretch! Busy, busy yesterday but got 7.4 in this morning. Pretty nice littel breeze and humidity not to bad, yet. Trashed 2 pair of shoes yesterday and broke out new. I was having a lot of sore legs and what felt like a bruised heel and I think it was all old shoes. These ought to be ready to go come March!
ReplyDeleteHope the weather at BB is more conducive to exercise then here. I just made it back from 6 1/2 miles and look like I stepped out of the pool. But the temp was only about 85 and HI about 89 I'd guess. No chance to run tomorrow or Thursday because of obligations in the morning and it will be way too warm by the time I get home. Of to get some Gatoraide.
ReplyDeleteI have been staying away from the road mostly all week. Did go out this morning on a shortened run. Still pretty brutal and walked a couple of times but probably did about 5. Light week but 123 HI is not good for anyone. Went and saw Harry Potter this afternoon in somebody elses air conditioning and ate popcorn!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a decent week at the shore. Seems like you had every kind of weather imaginable with the exception of snow! Just finished 5.3. Much better then yesterday when I had to walk a little. Was able to push through today. Nice breeze and I see some t-storms are coming in from the west. Can't believe you went to Harrington after just coming back from the beach the day before.
ReplyDeleteWelp, I guess you are fine already? :> Awaiting more news on how you are doing!
ReplyDelete___
call Nepal
Hope you can get out today. If not, definitely try to schedule a run or bike tomorrow. Best day in several weeks. Did 6.7 this morning and felt pretty decent. Sun is intense with the skys clear from the rain. But nice little breeze. Tomorrow supposed to be even better. 98 and humid on Friday. I am close to 100 mile month despite the heat. I need about 14 miles.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so about time you got back on the blog and quit messing around. You have to get out today. Really nice summer day. 7.4 this morning. I run away from a 100 mile month! How you feelin' these days?
ReplyDeleteOkay dude, time to get back on the blogosphere....! 6.7 today and it IS humid. Had to stop twice. Once to walk up the hill to Ramsey Ridge, once to pick up a $5 bill. So, down payment on the shoes I guess. Been a while since I picked up green money on the street. Also, 101 miles for the month and I most likely will run Saturday or Sunday. How are you doing?
ReplyDeleteHate it when there are 13 comments. So, here is 14. Delightful morning. What a surprise to have the low humidity and a nice breeze. Did 5.3 or so and felt energized.
ReplyDeleteAnother day, another 5.3. I must be getting a little bit used to this although the humidity has been quite a bit lower yesterday and today. 111.6 miles for July. I'm pleased given the weather.
ReplyDeleteNo run today. After the week I put in last week I'm thinking I need a recovery day. It's still pretty warm. Looks like Wednesday is going to be a great day though with a high of 81. That might be right for a longer run.
ReplyDeleteBack in the saddle today and it was (is) a really nice one. Clear skies, maybe mid 80's but a nice breeze. Tomorrow the high is like 81 or something. 6.7 today. Felt pretty good but it is nice to have a breeze that is actually cooling.
ReplyDeleteWow, really nice to be able to breath while running. 7.6 today. Actually felt like going the extra mile. Looks like the cooler temps are sticking around until at least Saturday so maybe you will get a break on the Philly event.
ReplyDeleteNice day, 81, light breeze if you are running towards the east. Did 6.7 this morning. Legs felt a little soft but they felt better after realizing that whining to me wasn't going to make me stop the run.
ReplyDeleteWaited a little long to go out this morning as the sun was pretty intense. But the air was nice. Did 6.7 but was again tired. I might need a couple days rest here but hate to miss a day that is relatively cool because who knows when it will be 90+ w/ heat index over 100 again. Glad we don't live in Dallas. Something like 38 days over 100 degrees actual temps. If you exoercise outdoors, they must do it at 2 in the morning.
ReplyDelete