Sunday, August 7, 2011

FINALLY BACK and triathlon completed!!!!!

I am finally back!!! Sooo sorry to be gone so long and Eric, THANK YOU for hanging in there with me. NO computer at home made posting too hard :-(

So I came back with a new race.. The SheROX sprint triathlon this morning! I did well but surprisingly was about 6 secs away from last years time. I did NOT train for the swim really and lo and behold, my bike time was better by 2 mins 20 sec. this and my run time was better by 21 secs. .... But my swim was slower by 2 mins 47 secs! Guess I better train next year :-)

However my stats I am VERY proud of .....
148 out o 929 total putting me in the top 16%
and
17 out of 146 women 40-44yrs putting me in the top 11%

WOO HOO!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Great comeback race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. Was cloudy here so imagine similar conditions in Philly. Trainng would help, you are not getting younger and so being able to train regularly gets more important. I did about 6.9 this morning and it was pretty decent out but that was all I could do. Don't know when I will start extending the distance again but probably not until we get some fall-like weather. Yesterday I was totally beat and felt crummy all day, so I didn't exercise. It is just the hydration thing I think. I see that a guy died yesterday and a woman is in critical condition from the NYC triathalon. But that is a 1/2 tri and I'm sure conditions were not even as good as you had Sunday morning. We went to dinner at Susan Carey's Saturday and there is a hill on 273 before you get to Fair Hill that I'd like to see if I could actually run one time. It is huge both down and up. Must be at least a mile from top to top!

    ReplyDelete