Saturday, August 13, 2011

Still cant comment on my own post

So I will write using a new post.
Eric, we got such great weather for august! Glad you are taking advantage of it!! You are getting some decent runs in!!!

Theia, I did a 10.5 mile easy run on July 16 but for some reason, my hip started to hurt btween miles 3-4. I should have stopped :-( I didnt! Have hurt ever since. Thought it was the hip flexor, but now I am thinking top of the IT band. Frustrating to say the least!

Good for you to know when to take a break.... so where IS your heart now ?? ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Jude got me up for a 9 AM T'ai Chi practice this morning so went out to run when we got home. It was hot under that clear sky but clouds moved in and I'd guess the temp dropped 5 degrees immediately. Anyway, did an easy 5.3 and I think the T'ai Chi actualy stretched me out. Wonder if you hip has to do with running off the crown of the road. Maybe you should stick to sidewalks and trails for awhile. Continuous running on the right side of the road where the right hip is always slightly lower then the left can, over time, cause problems. I try and stay on the crown of the road as much as it can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally out of the exercise loop this morning with a meeting from 10 until 12:30. By the time I got got home the skies were rumbling and I thought it not prudent to attempt anything outside. I did however register for the race so you had better show up! And it looks like the shirts for pre-registration are the nice hi-tech ones, not cotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished 6.7. Interesting day with quite a breeze going. Almost cold sometimes when it hits. Felt pretty decent, but one should when it is only about 75 and cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't get out yesterday. Too busy and then the weather turned to crap and there was no way with the black clouds I was going. Made it today though and it was surprising. I thought it was going to be terribly humid but turned out not to be as bad as it seemed. Don't get me wrong, I did sweat pretty good. But there was a little air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! all it takes the word sport I'm here, congratulations on the blog. my address http://alex-facebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete