Saturday, October 8, 2011

THE WEEK WITHNO TIME

Oh my goodness! I had something for the girls EVERY night this week and literally had NO time to do any running. So long run last saturday, swim sunday and nothing since! Bummer! So today is another long run...... stay tuned.....if nothing else, I am well rested :-)

Theia, I am doing Marine Corp Marathon on the 30th however, due to my July hip injury and September foot injury, the only goal is to finish... no particular time goal as I anticipate I will need to walk quite a bit.

Eric, see you at the game tonight?

11 comments:

  1. Should be there tonight. Bringing my neighbor unless he punks out. Then just me...anyway, just got back from 7.4 (longer run tomorrow). What a magnificent day it is. I spent yesterday up the Ashland Hawk watch. Nothing more beautiful then watching a Red Tail Hawk soaring with the sun reflecting through his/her wings and tail. T'ai Chi practice this morning. I always seem to run relaxed after a T'ai Chi session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made it back in from a 9.5. Longest run since April. Feel like all the water has been sucked out of my body but it is a beautiful day...definitely need to do a few more of those before March...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so managed to get in 7.3 today and it was a pretty decent day. Cloudy, small breeze. Plenty busy tomorrow so doubt I'll get out, and it is supposed to rain. Felt pretty decent after the 9.5 miler on Sunday. Thought I might be a little tighter but the day off and a goods nights sleep seemed to have helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally got back out to run at noon today an promptly ran right into a thunderstorm about 1/2 way through the run. Spent 20 minutes on somebodies porch as it was chilly and I don't do well with thunder...But I finished the run although Rte 48 is a lot less enticing when the semi's are throwing up a wall of mist and rain drops as they wizz by at 50 mph...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had all good intentions of getting you yesterday before we left for the piano concert. But bagged it instead because I felt terrible. Have been sore for three days all over and yesteday had no energy. Haven't run today either but feeling somewhat better. Usually means sinus infection or cold. Busy week but hope to get out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great to take part in a running. Its good for heart and knee disorders. Knee could has many problems as osteoarthritis knee if we don't get exercised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FINALLY...I managed to get a run in. Had a great hike this morning from Coverdale Farm through Burrows Run preserve. Magnificent morning. The light was awesum. That is pretty pristeen land. Cleaning this afternoon but at 3:30 got out to do 6.7. I thought I was overdressed but was fine with a double layer. Clouds and light were so cool in the late afternoon. Didn't feel too bad. I guess I have the sinus' under control for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible day today was. I even got Jude over to Ashand for Hawk Watch for about an hour and it was a very busy hour. Perfect sky. Got out to run yesterday and had very heavy legs. Expected the same today but no, it was a very good run. Can't ask for better temps or humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there, finally got back out this afternoon on another gorgious fall day. Felt pretty good after a day off yesterday. I'm supposed to go to Hawk Mountain PA Thursday. It is supposed to rain..boo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a gutsy effort. 5 hours is a great time given your injuries and sporatic training. Can't wait to hear the details. Especially the weather. I did my 10k here in 54:29. Sunny, about 35 F, but windy. I was overall pleased with the effort as I felt like I am carrying a sinus infection and was not real strong the last half. But, it could also be that I hate running in the morning, didn't warm up much, and the wind was in my face most of the way back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to figure out whether I was truly sick or not so just did 7.3. What a great day. I held up pretty well. Didn't experience the fatique that I had on Sunday. We'll see how I feel in a couple of hours. But it was a great day. Suggest you find an exercise bike and do about 35 or 40 minutes to get the legs back.

    ReplyDelete