Ok, I have had soo many computer probelms this year! Back again finally. Had a great 7 mile run last saturday and then nothing! (due to Christmas, work and parties) Then a great 7 mile trail run yesterday and a 3.2 mile road run IN MY SANTA HAT, this morning! So fun! A Christmas tradition for me... To run in my santa hat .. people honk and smile... It's just plain FUN!
Merry Christmas all!!!!
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Merry Christmas!! I ran in my Santa hat last weekend as part of a virtual run. It was fun.
ReplyDeleteGot my 5 1/2 today to complete the weekend goals. Nice day. But I have to donate blood tomorrow for a neighbor and there is an 80% chance of rain. So, bottom line, off day to recover blood volume and legs! Thanks for all the stuff. I can't believe the effort to put on that dinner yesterday but it is a really nice thing to have all the non family folks there to join in and share our Xmas.
ReplyDeleteMy plan was to run in a Santa hat on Christmas morning, but my body decided that staying under the covers was more important. Oh well. Next year!
ReplyDeleteYou can always wear the Santa hat. We could use a few more days of the Christmas spirit! No run today. Just couldn't motivate to go out in the wind. Got on the bike for 35 minutes. Good enough for today.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR....and what a great way to greet the year with a 6.2 mile run in 50+ degree weather! But you better get your outdoor exercise in quick, because Tuesday's predicted high right now is 19 degrees.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm 2 for 2 on the new year. 6.2 again today. I little chillier and windier but basically had the gloves off after 4 miles and other then directly into the wind it was very nice. Tomorrow I think I will work on the recumbant bike. I might try and do an little more cross training, particularly as it gets colder. Athough I hate the bike, I do get my heart rate to a steady 132 and occassionally 140. I doubt I sustain a rate like that running.
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention, when I gave blood the other day my pulse was 58 and my bp was 98/67. Talk about being relaxed!!!
ReplyDelete40 minutes on the bike yesterday. Couldn't handle the wind chill and didn't plan on it either. Today is a day off probably. I will be at DNS all afternoon working.
ReplyDelete6.2 today. Didn't feel great and hamstring tight (from the biking I think). But weather is great. Hope I can drive through this weekend with some more miles in the nice weather.
ReplyDelete6.2 this afternoon. I was too tired yesterday after cleaning the kitchen, undecorating the tree and stowing away all the decorations, taking down the deck decorations, and cleaning the pond. Probably was a good thing. My right hamstring has been very tight from the exercise bike and felt much better on today's run. Day off was probably a good thing.
ReplyDeleteWasn't going to post today but midway through my run I spotted a beautiful Bald Eagle probably soaring over Hoopes Resevoir. Had to stop and watch. There was a nest there 2 years ago when I hiked there with DNS. Guess I need to go back with them on a hike an check it out. It is the beginning of nesting season for eagles. Nice day but I was tired for some reason. Tomorrow I think I will bike in the morning since I am working at DNS all afternoon.
ReplyDeleteHello there! South Korea is I who. Enjoy your ride and will have a blog. Come by in my blog. There's a good video. Go to see! Be happy ... Thank you.
ReplyDeleteColder yesterday. But none the less a gorgious day to run. got in 6.2 and hope to get out again this afternoon. I see you are still attracking international visitors. Probably where that virus came from....!
ReplyDeleteYour blog site is doing weird things including the font that is now showing up. I bagged yesterdays 19 degree wind chill but made it out today and it wasn't much higher. But it was very nice with mostly full sun and only a very light breeze. I think that the actual temp was maybe 26. Had the gloves off at the end of the run and the turtle next base layer unzipped. Busy week for me. More miles will be tough to get in.
ReplyDeleteNo outdoor stuff this weekend for sure. Today just too icy. We didn't do much yesterday but today I did 42 minutes on the recumbent. I can get my heart rate up to about 120 on that thing. Looks like the rest of this week is not too bad. Hope you are getting your computer problems straightened out. I'm not sure how I'd function if I was denied access for very long!
ReplyDeleteFinnally got back outside. Was beginning to feel like a hermit! Getting crabbly too! But I did bike 42 and 44 minutes Saturday and Sunday. But there was no way I was getting killed running in that fog yesterday. Today was really great. I overdressed, and had the gloves off after only about 5 minutes of a 6.2 mile run.
ReplyDelete