I got out for 5 miles today... and although I felt sluggish after a week off, I was moving faster than I felt and my foot was ok. I wanted to quit at 3 miles... just b/c my legs were like lead, but I pushed through to 5 and feel great. No new swelling, no pain. YAY!!!!
Glad you finally got out and everything worked okay. Surprised that u were sluggish as I'd think with 8 days off your legs would be pretty fresh. I blew off yesterday even though I probably could have found the time to squeeze in 5 or so. Just had no motivation so there is no reason to make running a chore and you won't enjoy it. So today I did 8.4 and it is magnificent out. And, pace was 9:42. Wow, I was like flying along. Now, tomorrow I probably will be sluggish because a really good day usually leads to a sluggo day when you just put in the miles to get rid of the stiffness.
ReplyDeleteJust finshed 6.2 in a 9:43 pace. I think I must have had a training breakthrough this week. Although I don't often look at my pace, just the distance, I think I've moved from 10:03 / 10:18 paces to 10:00 or a little less. Supposed to be 85 or something like that in Boston on Monday and humid. Can't imagine running that marathon with those conditions. Some folks are going to get hurt.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely no land speed records set this afternoon. It's 80 and very dry. Did 10 minute miles, completing 7.5. Tomorrow's high is predicted at 90. No run tomorrow. Maybe some recumbant biking after 3 days running in a row. Can't imagine what Boston will be like. The Kenyan's may do well, but nobody else should be prepared for this kind of early season heat.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!!!
ReplyDeleteEnded up doing nothing yesterday. Just no energy for any of it. Chalk it up as a recovery day. Nothing today either, donated blood this morning so no heavy lifting here. Maybe after my docters appt I'll walk a little if it is still nice out. Check this uTube video out if you get a chance. My work at Ashland. Great group of folks.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ENsPDYGnEw