Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Spring is here
I am finally back (just in time for you to not be able to read it Eric)! It seems that spring has arrived with all its storms and strange weather. So happy for warm tho! Now if school can just let out so i can get my exercise in before work, I might actually be consistent!
So last weekend was the Broad Street Run. Greg wanted to give it a try. We found him a bib someone couldnt use and ran together. He asked me to stay with him and do this first one together..... Hello adreneline!!! He took off!!!!!! I had trouble keeing HIS pace, not the other way around. LOL! I have a plan... walk through water stops, 100 calories every 4 miles, etc etc. Greg had just adreneline! He did great tho! We finished together at 1:33:29. I was pleased with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like you had a great time. Weather held off for you. Any time you complete that run without getting trampled by the mob is a good time! I'm home (actually got home about 10:45 or so). Procedure was pretty interesting. Never was out cold. Sort of like looking into a kalidascope for 20 minutes or so. Post op is tomorrow afternoon. Vision isn't great yet but I will be dialated for another 12 hours or so. The stuff they use is 3 times more powerful then a typical eye exam dialation. That surgery center is very nice (if you have a need to be there that is!).
ReplyDeleteGlad you are home and all went well. Also glad you were never out... always safer and doesnt sound like it was too weird. How is the vision this morning? What is the recovery time?
ReplyDeleteFollow up visit today. He took out the contact lens which they use to seal the incision rather then use stitchs. What a jerk I am. Walking around this morning thinking my vision hadn't improved at all. Rather, the vision is great and the prescription in my glasses (left eye) is useless! Taking off my glasses, I can see almost perfectly (left eye). In fact, I will be able to remove the lens insert in bolle running glasses since they are distance only! They will be twice as light! Anyway, great progress. Two weeks I stablize to the point they can measure a new prescription (they can correct near or far sightedness, but not both). And, I can exercise now, I don't have to wait a week.
ReplyDeleteWOW! It is amazing what they can do! So the left almost doesnt need glasses at all? and what about the right? Really good news!!!!!!! So glad to hear!
ReplyDeleteStarted off yesterday with 5.5. Would have done a little more but ended up chatting with my neighbor who I hadn't seen in awhile. Today a 10K. A little stiff but it is soo much fun running without the added weight of the prescription lens. And, the sweat doesn't run down over the lens now. This weekend was really nice. Hope that you got out.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't look like there is much hope of getting out today, unless you want to swim in the street!
ReplyDeleteHey, sunshine! Woohoo...I actually did make it out for 6.3. Man it is a humid one though. But tomorrow is totally booked from 8:30AM until probably 9PM with 'stuff' (meeting, Ashland, meeting).
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the race! Greg is the BF who just did his first 5K a little while ago??
ReplyDeleteOkay, weekend is in the bag and I finally made it both Saturday and Sunday for 6 miles. Man is it dry! But great temps. We'll look back in July and wish we had a day or two like this.
ReplyDeleteWe're at the beach, actually made it here, still warm, but a nice breeze. Hopefully I can re-start my running career this week. I was really busy almost every day last week for some crazy reason (1 of which was 5 hrs at the Christiana Mall getting glasses (my eye doctor decide to put a + sign instead of a minus on prescription and they had to redo them. What a pain!)). Hope you had a good trip to TX. Apparently they need some lawyers down there as they seem to execute inocent people occassionally.
ReplyDeleteRecovering after a 7.6 mile run down the boardwalk. Sun is intense here this morning and although not obnoxiously hot, with the win behind you, it is quickly tiring. I also had a couple sugary donuts for breakfast and I don't think that helped my morning run, which is always tough for me anyway. But it is done and on with the day. Not as crowded, at least on the b-walk as I thought, but they are probably going to have a nice successful opening weekend here. It is so nice to run without those inserts weighing on my nose and having the sweat run over the lens so I can't see!
ReplyDeleteSorry that we missed you yesterday. In retrospect, as late as you were, you all could have crashed here! We had enough extra beds, just would have had to ration the sheets! This morning dawned cloudy and humid. Unfortunately, I did't take advantage and about 1/4 into my 7.6 mile run the sun came out. So, ended up being a little of a struggle. Not as crowded this morning as yesterday. Must have been a bunch of day trippers yesterday. Oh yeah, you were one of them! Shoobies....
ReplyDeleteAfter yesterday's heat today was a real treat. Got in 6.2 this morning before going to Ashland to work. Was humid though but with 70 degree temps and clouds (and occassional spritz) it was quite nice and I had good legs after yesterday off.
ReplyDeleteFinally got back at it today, a perfect morning to be outside. 8.3. But not fast. I had run twice at the beach but not since then. I fell on the patio early in the week. Advice: if you are going to fall, do it someplace other then a dry laid stone patio! The only thing that 'gives', is you. Anyway, bruised some ribs I guess on my right side. I was a bit tentitive about running earlier because it was somewhat painful taking a deep breath. But turns out that wasn't the problem, the shock of coming down on my right foot jarred the ribs with each step. But, managed to tolerate it until I warmed up a little. I never did really get my chest to relax so that made the run a little more tiring. But I enjoyed the sun, dry air, and breeze. Hope you can get out.
ReplyDelete