Eric,
First, I am sorry I was gone so long. Second, I see 6 after 6 after 7 (ok, really 6 but I didnt want to write it 3times!!!) on your posts! Way to put me to shame and go get it... Seriously, great runs!
I had a good week while in Bethany... Sunday biked 32, MOnday ran 7.3, Tuesday biked 25. Then came the boggie board mishap. Wednesday, no exercise. Thursday 20 mile bike. Friday 4.0 mile walk/run. back hurt. Saturday travel, no exercise. Sunday 6 mile run, back hurt. Tuesday, spin class. Wednesday 5 mile run .. back still hurts. Thrusday Chriopracter and Friday to Lake George for the weekend. Just walking (site seeing saturday) and a good fast exercise walk for 4-5 miles today.
Doctor says herniated disc (diagnosed in 2003) was re-inflamed by the boggie board mishap. Time... ice.. imbuprofen.
SheRox triathlon this Sunday.. GOTTA get in the pool this week!!!!!!
Lisa
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Be careful this week. You are not going to get any extra conditioning in 1 week and you had a great week at the beach (except for the surf accident of course). Easy exercise to stay loose and stay on the meds to relax the back and get any swelling down.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty stiff from yesterday's run so I finally designated those shoes to the garage and broke open a new pair. Probably about 2 months after I should have deep sixed them! Not sure what will happen today. I have a T'ai Chi lesson at 10:30 then I need to come home to mow. So we'll see where the weather is this afternoon. Looks like good temps but high humidity. Keep the faith. Rooting for you this weekend but be careful as it looks like it is going to be pretty hot and very humid, even though your event is somewhat early.
Yikes! Hope you heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteSomewhat early ??? :-) My wave is 7:12 am! Back is doing "ok" but still swollen .. I know b.c I wake up with charley horses right now which is what happens when my herniation presses on my nerves/spine. (chiro said I inflammed the herniation diagnosed in 2003 and which will never be 'gone') He said it was a really big herniation and was surprised at all that I can do even with the back... he asked if I have "always had a high tolerance for pain?" LOL! I think I have! Can't let a little bulging disc herniation stop me!!!! I got things to do!
ReplyDeleteEric,
did you get out today?
Theia,
How are you? Still running? Still coming to NC for the big one?
New shoes today..whoohoo...felt like I was floating along. It helped that there was a very heavy cloud overcast. Is humid though. Did 6.3. Didn't run yesterday. Ran out of time. You best be very careful with that disc or one morning you may need help getting out of bed!
ReplyDelete