Thursday, August 2, 2012

Got in the pool today

Thank goodness!  Needed to feel the water again before Sunday~... Havent swam in a few weeks.  Did an mile and Sunday is a little less then a 1/2 mile so I am good to go...
Now if only the back and hip will cooperate!  NO idea why the hip is acting up again... it hasnt hurt since November/. December and I DID NOT do ANYthing to cause it to act up again.....

8 comments:

  1. Today was brutal. I didn't get out until after 10 by which time the heat index was about 93 or so. Ended up walking a little after 4 1/2. Hope this weather clears a little for you. Not surprised that you might have some other issues. U took a pretty good whack and you might aggravate the hip while compensating for back pain. Might need a little Advil before an hour or two before you race, and plenty of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything went well for you this morning. I thought it was pretty nasty at 9:30 when I was doing some outside chores. I wasn't going to run after that but Jude came back from walking and said it had clouded up a little and there was air. So, I did 6.2. Still very humid. I'm sure it was better at 7:20. But if I would have been up early enough to be there I probably would have been too groggy to notice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had no ambition to go out yesterday but I was released from jury duty at 11:30 this morning (they didn't try and seat even 1 panel). So, did about 5.8 but seem to have re-injured my calf. Not sure whether there is a tear there or if it is that pair of shoes. We'll see how it reacts by tomorrow and doubt I'll wear those old shoes again either. But it was really nice today in that the cloud cover has kept the temps down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess you are recovering from your weekend. I tested my leg this morning and although it hurt the entire run it never debilitated me to the point I had to walk. Did 6.2. Temp not bad but really humid. Guess it will be hotter later in the week. I'll ice now that I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disappointing day. Got out to run after the rain but the pain in my calf increased and I stopped after about 2 miles. Hills were especially troubling when I had to put weight on it.Feels like the tear I had in the other calf years ago. I see the Dr. on Friday for my annual physical so I'll ask him about it but suspect that rest will be the only cure. I did do 30 minutes on the bike after I walked back home and that wasn't too bad. Stiff now after icing and soem Advil. Just have to take it day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Took yesterday and today off. Still sore. I hiked for 2 hours this morning over at Middle Run Preserve. Have you ever run the trail there? It's a little narrow and steep in places but there were a couple runners as well as some bikes. Nice place though. I flushed a couple deer and saw a Blue Bunting. Did 40 minutes on the recumbant cycle. We're out to dinner with friends later tonight. Great day. Hope you spent some time enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another day off from running to try and rest this leg. Did 36 minutes on the bike though. I get my heart up to about 124 per minute though so the bike workout is good erobically. Just boring. I do listen to music when I bike.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am continuing to use the exercise bike in lieu of running outside. Much to my chagrin because the weather is great. I may try tomorrow. I had my physical exam (annual) on Friday and the Dr. said it might take another week to heal. My ankle is still a little swollen and I can feel it on the steps, although not so much this morning. Still, another day won't hurt. I got to 134 per minute on the bike yesterday so its a pretty good workout. Hope you are getting out.

    ReplyDelete