Well, I am back! I didnt realize I had not posted after my triathlon and before I went to the islands! Sorry!
The triathlon went well. I had a PR with 1:42:44 (although the run was slow with hip pain)... and I came in 14 out of 73 in my age group! I am pretty darn happy!
Spent the next week getting ready for vacation so I didnt get out much.... not b/c of the tri, but just busy. On vacation however, I got in 3 runs (5 miles beach, 4.7 miles treadmill intervals, 5.5 miles beach) and 2 zumba classes. Came back saturday night and got in 31 miles on the bike Sunday. Nothing today as I have a parent meeting tonight at Emily's new school.
Eric, you have been doing well but for the pain... how is the leg? Do you know what the cause it? or an actualy diagnosis?
Monday, August 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Neat picture. Love it...didn't realize you taken your carribean tour. I had a good weekend after seeing the Dr. Appears to be a strained ligament which attaches the calf and down under the heel to the middle of the foot. Hence experience pain when weight is put on it. Felt real good for 48 and swelling appearred to be down so I tried it this afternoon. Mixed results. Did 2 miles painfree but then it felt like the calf muscle was cramping so I quit and walked. It is sore tonight and I'll probably stay off it (from running) tomorrow to see how it goes.
ReplyDeleteOkay, back to the bike today. Didn't do anything yesterday (other then a 2 hour hike at Middle Run). Still a little knot in my leg so again will back off for a day or two and maybe try again Friday. Great weather though. I am at Ashland all afternoon today. Yeah...
ReplyDeleteAhhh, where did you go?? I'm so jealous.
ReplyDeleteWell, I felt adventurous enough this morning to come out of retirement and try the leg again. I did 5.7 and didn't feel a twinge until the last cul de sac. So I cut it a little short. But that distance is fine after 5 days or so off. I've got ice on it now although it doesn't hurt. Just a precaution and we'll see how it stiffins up, or not. Nice to be of the bike.
ReplyDeleteDecided not to run Monday. No sense pushing my leg to fast. Stayed on the bike, 40 minutes. Today I did 6.2. I feel like I've lost some conditioning but it might have just been the intense sun this afternoon. No pain in the leg though. Don't even feel the need to ice it. I may go every other day for awhile.
ReplyDeleteI'm on an 'every other day' routine for now. Yesterday off, 6.3 today (before the humidity and heat hit tomorrow). Nice day, bright, clear sun and low humidity. Great to be out. I'll mow tomorrow! UDel football tonight. I'm excited, again.
ReplyDeleteSure better to run at 74 degrees and cloudy then 85 and sunny. Especially with humidity of 90% which is was today. But I did 6.3 and felt pretty good. Probably be stiff because I was able to push it a little harder with cool temps. Hopefully now that the computer fiasco is (mostly) over I can get back to a controlled schedule.
ReplyDelete