Friday, July 6, 2012

The weather is not cooperating....

... and then there is the job too!  LOL!   Trying to train, raise 2 kids, work and then add the heat this summer..... It is HARD to get in workouts!!!!!  This week....
Sunday.... Swim
Monday..... Run
Tuesday.... Spin class
Wed... None
Thursday....Session with trainer
Friday... Spin class
not too bad all things considered.  But definately want to be indoors right now.. good thinkg I like spin class a whole lot... treadmill??? not as much... but I can tolerate it.. LOL!

12 comments:

  1. Have done virtually nothing for 4 days. Hopefully it will back off enough that I can get out tomorrow morning. Monday I am totally tied up with a meeting at 8 AM, dentist at 10 and another meeting at 2. Doesn't leave much time for a run and it is supposed to be nice. I just don't like working out inside although another month of this kind of heat and I may have to change my tune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the saddle this morning. Went out about 9:20. Not nearly like yesterday. Humid, but if you were able to find that breeze and some shade occassionally, it was doable. Did 6.2. Going to be much more humid later today. Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was the day to do your distance! Stayed overcast this morning, nice breeze, humidity down somewhat. Did 8.1 and felt pretty decent. Won't be many of these kinds of days in July and August.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally got back at it, whilst you are enjoying ocean breezes I presume.Only about 82 this morning but the humidity is like 80% up here. Nasty. I did 6.1 and if it hadn't been for a small breeze I would have had difficulty completing the run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way I was going outside today. Ended up going with Jude to her gym and did 43 minutes on the treadmill. It only registered 2.7 miles. I was at 5.6 for most of the session which is about 12 mph. I had to have done more then 2.7 miles! Although, you would think that a treadmile would measure distance very accurately I know I run faster then 15 minutes miles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how much difference a day makes (and 20 dgrees in ambient temperature). We finally got out today. 6.2 was easy. But Jude screwed me up with that trip to the treadmill on Monday. My calf is still sore although not to the point that I had to alter my stride except on one hill. Still humid, but you can at least breath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice run this morning. 6.2 and even a little spritz to go with it. Usually I envy you being able to run at the beach. Not this year. Hope you didn't go out. Much too hot and humid last week and that run on Rte 1 can be especially bad as there is absolutely no shade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what's with the back problem? You were supposed to relax at the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great day today. Probably the only one this week. Hope you can get out for something, run, ride, what ever. I did 6.2. Now off to Ashland for the afternoon. Hope the back is feeling better. I thought my calf was healed but apparently not. Hurt on the long uphill today but I was able to run through it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Went out for 6.0 just after the little rain. Humid but not too bad until the sun came out. Then, pretty uncomfortable. I was worried about the calf but it was actually much better then yesterday. Not sure whether that is because I took some Advil last night or because I was on my feet all day yesterday at Ashland and so stretched it out. Maybe both...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brutal day today. I coverd 6 but I'm not giving myself credit for that much as I ahd to walk - run the last 1/3. I was too busy to get out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 6.2 this morning. Wow what an improvement over yesterday. Humidity is still up there but low 80's and some clouds. Hope you back has improved.

    ReplyDelete