Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Good weekend.... Gearing up!

So I took Saturday off to spend with the girls but I did my first double workout to kick in triathlon training on Sunday.....  Spin class AND swam a mile.   Monday ran a 5k in WIlmington.  Today, 6 am spin class AND 5pm work out with trainer!   Feeling pretty tired but glad to be finally starting up the official training!

Eric, LOL about the hill!  I was gonna come tomorrow but you juys have Tai Chi til too late for me :-) 
(only b/c I took Friday off work and have plans).  Emailed with Jude and she says Monday is best for you... so unless you tell me otherwise, I will see you on Monday!!!!!!   :-) 
Did you get in that run?  Today was AWESOME weather with the cool temps and breeze!

6 comments:

  1. I actually did not get out yesterday. I had a 2 hour SCORE meetnig yesterday and so that killed the whole afternoon. In the morning we had the carpet cleaning guy here is I was tied up being here and spent most of the morning pruning schrubs. But I did get out today! And it was very nice. Wanted to get at least 1 more run in before it heats up tomorrow. With 6 days or so of 90+ weather it is not going to be easy to be outside doing anything. I've almost got a 100 mile month but I need to get out twice in the next 3 days to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew baby it is hot outside. I went out today about 10:30 and did 6, sort of. Turned into a run - walk scenario because just couldn't get any good air. Doubt I'll get out tomorrow as by the time I finish my obligations tomorrow (either T'ai Chi or a haircut, not usre which) it will be too nasty. Unfortunately the only way to learn to run in the heat is, well, to run in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, month ended at 93 miles. Just too nasty yesterday by the time I felt ready to go out. But I did do 6.2 this morning and there was some air which was helpful. I did still walk some of it but was able to pace myself a little better and so much further into the run before I needed to break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, today was the best day of the last 3. Went out at 10:15 but found a nice breeze and really low humidity. Temps maybe 86 or 88 but very runnable if not pushing. Sun intense of course but nothing like the last couple days. I'm sure this afternoon will be a little tougher. They said humidity would come and go and I guess that's true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday U.S.A. Whew, heats on. Went out at about 10:30 and did 6.0. If it wasn't for the little breeze would have had to walk as the humidity is building. We used the neighbors pool yesterday and I suspect we'll be over there again. Thanks for stopping up the other day. Hope the girls didn't get too bored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric,
    You are crazy going out in this heat! Although admittedly, I tried to also.. but puppies and kids needed me until about noon... at that point, it was too late in this weather!

    so great to see you guys. Girls we fine... And I LOVE the new landscaping. I will be coming more often :-)

    ReplyDelete