Monday, October 15, 2012

weekend round out

So Saturday I got in another swim... the full distance but without the wet suit.  Sunday was a 4 mile run.  That made 6 days in a row with a workout so I took today off.   More b/c of owrk than anything else, but I am supposed to keep this week very light.   Hope to get it another swim tomorrow.

Eric, did you get out today?

17 comments:

  1. I guess I didn't say that I didn't get out today. Rain never let up until really late this afternoon. Did 40 minutes on the recumbant bike. Maybe that was a better deal. I'm off tomorrow (except for the blood thing in the morning) so maybe I'll try an easy run in the afternoon. Weather is supposed to be really nice. I won't get out Wednesday as I have class in the morning, Air conditioning guys will be here all day, and I will be making picnic tables at Ashland all afternoon. Making picnic tables is way more attractive then the post holes we've been digging at Coverdale Farm the last two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made it out this afternoon. Took it easy after donating blood this morning. I think the bike was the right move yesterday as I experienced little if any fatigue in the legs today. 6.3. Won't get out tomorrow. Too busy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! 6.3! I got in one more swim yeaterday... 30 mins (taper time) and hoped to run today but too busy trying to finish up work so I can be off the next 2 days. Its possilbe, I may not do anything for a full 3 days prior to race day.... I hope that is ok.... We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this weekend! Kick some butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip. Look forward to tracking you along the route. Nothing for me yesterday or today but tomorrow is clean up from the HVAC guys, cat to the vet for physical, and a good, long run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6.3 after cleaning all day...don't mind occassionally running when I'm already tired because mentally its good training for the end of the CR (which by the way I still need to register for). Rain all this morning but nice this afternoon. Hope you have decent weather tomorrow for your event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In honor of your effort I put in 8.5 today. Strange day. Nice an toasty in the sun with wind at u'r back, but really chilly with a little sweat, shade, and wind in the face! Hard to dress. But glad to get it in. Now I can get back to cleaning the basement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did it go???? Can't wait to hear (read) all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No run today. Had a 4 hour hike this morning and it had some challenging moments. But it was nice. Would have been nicer if the clouds had burned off. But Burroughs Run is a great area. Also, a hiking companion was Vicki Huber Rudawsky. You may not know who she is, but she is one of the very few Delaware Track Olympians. She competed in the 1500 and 5000 meter races in Seoul and Atlanta. What a nice person. Very down to earth. She writes a bi-weekly running column in the News Journal. You probably have seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, well I finally got back out yesterday and today's schedule is a little more relaxed so intend to do 6 more shortly. Tomorrow I'm busy most of the day and will rest for Sunday mornings run. They changed it to 8:30. Ugh. I hate getting up early and running then. But it's at the riverfront so a nice flat course and hopefully the huge storm will not interfer with it (although might start getting windy). Hope you have recovered from your tri.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got up at 6:30 and was down to the waterfront by 7:45 or so. But opted out of running the 10K. It was raining, 50 degrees, and I'm not sure that they were ready to go. Some confusion on the start time. Anyway, I went down hoping maybe the weather would clear. But if I have a choice to be miserable or not, I'll opt for 'not'. Anyway, just finished 6.4 now and probably the last time out until this storm blows out of here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice to get out and about today. Did 8.5 in a very light rain. Was dressed in 3 layers which was about right once I got wet. Amazing what you can do when motivated by weather, 9:51 pace. Glad you guys got by okay. Imagine you will be playing 'pick up sticks' in the yard for a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, it took all 31 days of October but I have now completed a 100 mile month. That will be my goal going forward to March. Can't believe how humid it is today though. Was wipping sweat off the entire run. Ominous looking clouds as well, but no rain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to leave the blog at 13 comments. Particularly when mine is the 13th! Didn't get out yesterday. Was leg weary and couldn't muster the effort to go out in the wind. Just finished 8.4 today though. Nice day but needed to dress in layers. 3 was plenty, 2 I would have been chilled once I got wet. No run tomorrow, Delaware football...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice day. 45, still cloudy. Will we EVER see the sun again? Started to get a little windy towards the end of the run. 8.0 today...nice running week in spite of the storm. Back to a full schedule next week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you can get out today because it is really magnificent. Actually some sun, light air. Really refreshing. Kept it to 6 today as I did 8 yesterday. Looks like tomorrow is good too and then weather goes down hill. My running year is running out (4 weeks to go) and I pushing to get myself over 1000 miles for the year. One more step today...how's your back?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have plenty of time to play today and so decided I wanted to test my shoe pedometer against my gps timer. Lo and behold they were very, very close. Did 8.0. Wasn't initially planning on that since I'd run 3 days out of 4 but what the heck. Nothing planned this afternoon. Jude has clients so....

    ReplyDelete