Sunday, October 7, 2012

weekend runs

So, we are 13 days from race day!  ACK!!!!!  LOL!

Yesterday I did the Main Street Mile fundraiser run.  SInce it is only a 1 mile, I figured I would run the 1 1/2 miles to the start plus the mile for a total of 2 1/2.  I got part way to the race when I realized I left my race number at home.  So I ran back home and back to the race for a total of 3 miles... then the 1 mile race... 4 miles on Saturday... Oh, and I got a 2nd place medal for my age group :-)

While at the Main Street mile yesterday, a friend reminded me that the De. Distance Classic was this morning..... so, I set the alarm and arrived in Wilmington at 7:25 for 'day of ' registration.  I was fortunate enough to beat the ran and finish 15K (watch said 9.37 miles) in 1:27:29   :-)

That will be the last over 7 mile run before the race.  Next week will be a long bike, rather than run.  And in between, I MUST get in the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awsum...can't imagine just 'popping in' for a 9 mile race. I got in 6.2 just now so 3 runs in 4 days and not feeling too bad. Rest of the week gets kind of quirky. Friday I go on an Ashland bird watching trip and leave at 6 in the morning. Go to the Hawk watch at Cape May, take the ferry to Lewes, go to the Hawk watch on Cape Henlopen Park, and back to Hockessin at 6. Going to be quite a long day and of course hope we get some decent weather as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat sounds like a really cool day! I wanna retire !!! :-) How are you guys doing? Hows Jude? gin? EMail me..... that stuff is a little personal for here ;-)

    ReplyDelete