Monday, October 1, 2012

Bike to the Bay and more

WOw, I havent posted in a while!  sorry!  and Eric, thanks for not giving up on me :-)

Back is better... not perfect, but better.  I feel I am ok to do the race.. I will be sore, and if I really thought I would injure myself, I would withdraw, but I honestly think I am ok.  

Bike to the Bay was good!  20 mile an hour headwinds on Saturday, but that is Bike to the Bay!  Always a headwind.  I only rode one way but honest to pete, the wind switched direction and those that biked back sunday had a head wind again.  The training was good tho!

After 75 miles of bike to the bay, i took Sunday off..... Monday I did a tabata treadmill workout, Tuesday was a personal trainer session and Thursday was a 9 mile run with my Trail Dawgs.... ON friday I was SORE! Really sore!   Took friday off ... saturday I didnt mean to take off but I was in a golf outing and didnt have time.  Sunday I finally did a brick workout... 15 miles on the bike, hop off and run 3.

Yes, the 20th will be tough, but its doable.  Just want to finish :-)

PS  eric, you are rocking the runs!!!!!   I already signed up for March :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like I'd better make a commitment here! I really want to do the 50th anniversary. I suspect this years run will be a 'sell out' event. I'm signed up for my "E-racing the blues" 10K on the 28th. My friend is on the board. So, I always sign up on her team and donate. BTTB sounds like it was a struggle but you are always with a bunch of buddies so I'm sure its fun. Especially Saturday night! No run today, raining like heck, and obviously humid. Will rest from yesterdays run and do a 40 minute bike session later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got back out and did 8.2 today. Tomorrow is probably a wash with T'ai Chi in the morning and UDel in the afternoon. Sunday looks like a washout according to the weather. I just can't get real consistent here which is frustrating. Frankly, I was more consistent when I worked and had access to the 'Y' at lunch. Also the reason I'm probably not working any more....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain wasn't as nasty as predicted. Got out about3:30 and did 6.3. Felt pretty good. Damp and cool of course. But a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting great runs in! And your distance is awesome! Like no time lost at all...... I think you could do CR if it was tomorrow !!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete