Monday, September 17, 2012
getting closer to ready
Well, the back and the hip are definately going to make this 1/2 ironman difficult, but I am committed. If I have to walk, I have to walk. Who cares?! I did get in 9.5 miles yesterday. Gorgeous day! But walked like an old woman the rest of the night...LOL! Still feeling good about the bike... GOTTA get in the pool in a little bit more. Darn that job gets in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Be careful Lisa. You really should go easy until you know what is going on with the back. You could be sacrificing months, or maybe exercise for the rest of your life by pushing yourself through this effort... Until you know what's going on I recommend you blow this one off. It is not worth potential permanent injury.
ReplyDeleteSorry we missed Emily's b'day dinner last night. But this weekend ended up being a nightmare. We have been without Verizon services for 4 days. No TV, no Internet, no land line phone. Trying to get their attention was awful. Fixed today finally about 2:30. By this morning they finally figured it out and they had about 8 trucks out here at noon. I finally did get out to run yesterday, 8.1. How was 'Bike to the Bay'?
ReplyDelete6.2 this evening. Was busy all morning but this weather is so incredible. Trees just starting to get some color. Tomorrow I'm out at Coverdale Farms digging some post holes for the Harvest Moon Festival...should be really nice out there. Kind of sad though. One of our team members has had a recurrance of his cancer (throat) and another one got hit by a taxi the other day and is in serious condition in Christiana Care. Our 'team' is a little depleted.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great morning. No class today as it is a Jewish holiday (and the instructor is Jewish). So, got a chance to go back out in the gorgious weather before going to Ashland this afternoon. Did 6.2. Legs still heavy from yesterday's evening run but that's okay. Just enjoying the day.
ReplyDeleteGot in 6.2 today...pretty nice, but a little humid. Looking good for runs this weekend. I need to catch up on some mileage.
ReplyDeleteAlmost chilly running this afternoon. Wore short sleve cotton t-shirt, could have been long sleeved. I wasn't uncomfortable, but it was damp. 6.2. Felt good, and that is 3 days out of 4. Maybe I'm getting some endurance back in the legs.
ReplyDeleteEnded up taking a break today. Had yard work to do this morning that I have been putting off for weeks. Then we went in to see Ginny Monjon at the Wilmington Rehap Center. I'm getting tired of bad news. Ginny with her stroke, guy on my Ashland team with re-occurance of cancer, another guy on the team that got hit by a taxi, and it goes on...! Hope to do a long run tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day to start out October. Beautiful weather (although it is supposed to go to crap tomorrow). Cranked out an 8.5 run today. I think I am going to try and get at least one 7.5 or better run each week as I begin to stretch out for March.
ReplyDeleteSOUL TO SOUL CAMPAIGN:
ReplyDeleteWhat do we want to achieve?
We want to offer an unforgettable Christmas to children disadvantaged. We want to bring a spark of hope to children and adults who gave up on hope and connect pure souls through a charitable event.
What we do?
1. Each of us can be Santa Claus! Kids do not desperately need sweets and gifts, they mostly need love. We aim at setting up „Santa Claus’ Post Office”- The idea is to find for each kid at least a pen pal. You’ll write to one or more kids and they will answer you back with a photo or a drawing.
2. If you want to donate money or gifts please contact us.
The campaign takes place in the district of Prahova , south west of Romania, a former mining area that encounters much poverty and distress. In case we receive much more letters than we anticipate we will send them to neighboring districts.
WE EXPECT ALL CANDID SOULS TO JOIN US AND HELP BRING SANTA TO EVERY CHILD.
http://asociatia-o-parte-din-rai.blogspot.ro/