Sunday, September 9, 2012

Feeling a little better about October

So yesterday was the Amish Country Bike Tour.... I hoped to do the 100 miler but, the winds were 22 miles an hour with threats of storms (altho they never came) and that kind of wind just sucks!  I was biking with 5 other people and 4 were definately NOT doing the 100.  The other one was really on the fence.  I would have done it if he did, but was fine not doing it too... again, the wind SUCKED.   At the split where you have to decide, he finally decided 62 miles was enough... so that is what we did.

I feel pretty darn good after 62 miles!  I am sooo glad that I feel this good.  Mind you, I would not have wanted to run 13 miles when I got off the bike yesterday (which I will have to do on October 20)  but I feel good about that ride.   I was also really pleased to find that I was the strongest rider of the 6 people in our group that rode yesterday.  Admittedly, none of them are training for a 1/2 iron :-) but it still felt really good to be the one who took the lead in the wind.  The one others drafted off of... and when we hit mile 52, I took off at 19-22 mph for the next 4 miles.... needed to show myself I could kick it in at the end of my 56 miler in October... and I did!   I feel great!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty fantastic ride ....Your back can't be hurting too badly if you can stay on board that long...This weather is pretty neat. I didn't get out yesterday but today was fantastic, 6.5 and feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice run Eric! What a gorgeous day it was. I got out just before it got dark for 4.... love the change of weather!
    Back is a little better.... Unfortunately, it is running that flares it up a bit.. biking felt great. Just gonna have to go easy on the running a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6.2 today. Felt like I was flying, my shoe said otherwise. But the feeling was good. 37% humidity will do that. Can't get out tomorrow, too busy. Class in the morning, Ashland in the afternoon. But the nice weather holds through the weekend. Maybe you should have somebody analyze your gait. Might be jarring the back more then need be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did see Dr. Feehry... he didnt note anything remarkable although I do have one leg slightly long than the other......
    Didnt get anything in the last two days... spent last night int he ER (not for me) and tonight was open house at school.
    Hope to wake up for spin class tomorrow but I better get to bed!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you spent last night in the ER because....

    Nothing for me yesterday either. Nothing on the schedule today so should get out a little later. It's cleaning day...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of the girls had a seizure while 4 of them were home alone :-( They did everything right.... wanted to go to the ER to be with their friend.

    I did make spin class yesterday :-) Just walked today as I had an exterminator coming and 5 kids.... walked about 2 and half miles on an incline. Tomorrow will be a run. Got UD football to get ready for!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today was perfect for running. I did 8.3. Could have gone more. Should have cut my toenails before I went out as I sliced one of my toes. But not bad. We're off to the hospital to see Ginny Monjon.

    ReplyDelete