Manged to get in 9 miles before the heat wave but the humidity!!!!! I am DRENCHED!!!! It was slow going as I havent gone that far in a while and the humidity combined... but I did it! and that felt good!
Today was very ugly. We had an inch and a half in the rain gauge by 8:30 this morning when I came back from church. The rain was so hard it drowned out the sermon. Talk about being blessed! We went to Longwood to take some pictures for Jude's photography class. Great place, always good subjects. No running today. This stuff is ridiculous. Don't know how you suffered through 9 this morning.
I don't know either! It really is ridiculous... the air is just sooo thick. At least running, it was sort of like NO choice. YOU paid money to WALK outside in it?????? Crazy!!! ;-)
We have a membership at Longwood. So we can go as often as we want. Which if you want to take the kids one day, we'll lend you the card. I'm going to run in a couple minutes and get it done early. Jude is off Monday's so I think we are going to take in 'Harry Potter' when it gets really hot this afternoon.
Well, that wasn't too fun. Still re-hydrating 2 hours later. Did 6.7 but only taking credit for 6.4 as I had to do some walking at the end. Legs didn't hold up too well and I'll credit that to low blood count (and 62 years) after donating a pint of red cells last Thursday.
No running Tuesday. Although it never did reach 90, it was still nasty late in the afternoon. I'll try later this morning. Hope you read in the paper about the bikers getting hit by the blow darts? That is just crazy stuff. I hope they catch the jerk (before he/she extends their pry to runners). One on Limestone Road, one in Bear. Maybe one advantage runners have is that you should be facing traffic to run and so can see something fishy ify you are paying attention. I suspect the bikers where hit from behind where they can't see what's coming before you get stung.
Okay, there is some strange reason that I am blogging with myself. Oh well, don't know anyone who is a better conversationalist.....The dart thing is getting serious as there are now 2 more cases. A jogger on Limestone Rd, same day as the biker, and another biker in Bear. Serious stuff. Great day today. Did 7.4 with no problem. It is like a spring day (compared to Monday).
*****UPDATE******* In 2009, in preparation for turning 40, I decided to train for a half ironman. The goal... simply to finish! AND I DID IT!!!! It was such an incredible experience, that #2 was supposed to be in fall of 2010. But time got away from me so i regrouped and completed the BEACH TO THE BATTLESHIP ..October 20, 2012. It was such a great race, I'm going back!!!!! October 26, 2013... 70.3 number three... HERE I COME!
Today was very ugly. We had an inch and a half in the rain gauge by 8:30 this morning when I came back from church. The rain was so hard it drowned out the sermon. Talk about being blessed! We went to Longwood to take some pictures for Jude's photography class. Great place, always good subjects. No running today. This stuff is ridiculous. Don't know how you suffered through 9 this morning.
ReplyDeleteI don't know either! It really is ridiculous... the air is just sooo thick. At least running, it was sort of like NO choice. YOU paid money to WALK outside in it?????? Crazy!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteWe have a membership at Longwood. So we can go as often as we want. Which if you want to take the kids one day, we'll lend you the card. I'm going to run in a couple minutes and get it done early. Jude is off Monday's so I think we are going to take in 'Harry Potter' when it gets really hot this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteWell, that wasn't too fun. Still re-hydrating 2 hours later. Did 6.7 but only taking credit for 6.4 as I had to do some walking at the end. Legs didn't hold up too well and I'll credit that to low blood count (and 62 years) after donating a pint of red cells last Thursday.
ReplyDeleteNo running Tuesday. Although it never did reach 90, it was still nasty late in the afternoon. I'll try later this morning. Hope you read in the paper about the bikers getting hit by the blow darts? That is just crazy stuff. I hope they catch the jerk (before he/she extends their pry to runners). One on Limestone Road, one in Bear. Maybe one advantage runners have is that you should be facing traffic to run and so can see something fishy ify you are paying attention. I suspect the bikers where hit from behind where they can't see what's coming before you get stung.
ReplyDeleteOkay, there is some strange reason that I am blogging with myself. Oh well, don't know anyone who is a better conversationalist.....The dart thing is getting serious as there are now 2 more cases. A jogger on Limestone Rd, same day as the biker, and another biker in Bear. Serious stuff. Great day today. Did 7.4 with no problem. It is like a spring day (compared to Monday).
ReplyDelete