... and Eric is back... Now we have to see if Dave comes back :-) Well, we vacations and school starting, I not only haven't been blogging, I haven't been training.. well, not enough. SO no 2nd 1/2 Ironman this year... There is just no way. I have not trained enough at all. There is also a sprint distance race and I am going to see if there is any way they will let me change my registration to the sprint distance and still do some bit of a race :-) I have only run 2x in 2weeks... YIKES! Once in the islands (5miles) and yesterday (5 1/2) and it was HARD b/c I have lost ground. Will get it back tho ;-)
Caesar Rodney boys?????
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, I'm still here. You can't get rid of me that easily.
ReplyDeleteCaesar Rodney? Well, I can make no promises if it involves running. I blew out my right calf again just over three weeks ago, so this year has been particularly tough athletically for me. However, I did run a 3.5 mile run yesterday (the first run in three weeks), and it felt good. I intentionally stopped at that distance, because I didn't want to push my luck.
Besides, I'm trying to focus more on biking now, considering that the Bike to the Bay is less than five weeks away. Jane, Jeff, Clara Campbell, and I rode almost thirty-two miles today, which included some hills. It was a great ride. Why haven't you registered for the BTTB yet? Are you not planning to ride this year? Who will I ride with, if you're not there?! Don't leave me hanging! Also, talk to Jane, they might have a lead on a house in Lewes for the Saturday night of the BTTB, and, if so, I think the place might be free if it's available.
I'm sorry that I had to miss your surprise 40th birthday party. Cynthia and I had already scheduled dinner for Friday to have our parents meet each other for the first time. I got the update on the party from Jane today, though. Sounds like there was a good turnout and everyone had fun.
Happy birthday!
Dave
Dave, very disppointed that you weren't at the party. Where are your priorities anyway, missing Lisa's party for a parent introduction!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your legs. I still think ultimately you should consult an othropedist or other profsssional that can evaluate knees, legs, ankles, and gait. You are too young to opt out of running for the rest of your life as this keeps re-occurring
Yeah, I know. I should see a sports medicine doctor, but time and money seem like reasonable excuses to keep dealing with it on my own. ;) I thought I had it licked when I started stretching more routinely. I still think that's my problem but realize that a doctor could pinpoint the problem and recommend the proper stretch.
ReplyDeleteI regret missing Lisa's party. I haven't seen her in months and still haven't met you. We must all get together for a run, ride, and/or limp session.
Just in from work and have to run to meet and greet at school... no time to write, but I did read! Glad we're all here again ;-) and I will write later!
ReplyDeleteWow, did 7.4 this morning and the weather is just fantastic. Can't wait for UDel football Friday night as I don't think the weather could be more perfect. Skipped running yesterday and I know I missed another great day, but I was way too sore. I think I am pretty much back from the layoff though.
ReplyDeleteIt's late, but I am going to try to do a short run (just 3.5 miles) tonight at the path near the Newark train station. The weather is beautiful, so I'm not going to pass it up.
ReplyDeleteI would have gone out sooner, but I am dealing with water leaks and all sorts of problems at the house. I'm trying to prepare my home to list it for sale, and it suddenly needs a lot of work. Go figure. These are a ton of expenses that I just don't need right now, but the repairs are unfortunately necessary.
Made it! Right calf is tight but not blown out. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteFeels okay. Good enough for a bike ride tonight.
ReplyDeleteIsn't home ownership a wonderful thing? Issues you have lived with for 10 years suddenly no one else would even think of putting up with. Not a great market, but unless you want to give your house away, you need to fix it up. We are almost through a 2 year plan to replace windows. But our intention is to stay here until we can't. Hoping to extend a run this morning to 9. We have Tai Chi tonight at 6 but otherwise I have little planned so need to take advantage of this great weather.
ReplyDeleteLisa, we need to look for a run in late Sep or early Oct. I'll do some research but want to look and see if that cross country run is still in existence. The one they ran on the High School Xcountry course at Brandywine State Park.
ReplyDelete