Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ANOTHER PR

Believe it or not, I PR'd on the Broad Street 10 miler from my PR on the Chapel Hill 10 miler last month!!! I was totally surprised! Especially after my fainting/pass out/ seizure episode... It was such a great run...... Iwas so nervous as I still wasnt feeling totally myself.... I panicked on the subway ride to the start... 30,000 people!!! But I felt so good running... hot, but good!!!!!!!
Took yesterday off and got back out on a trail run tonight... just shy of 5 miles!

How are the staples? Did the lawn get mowed?

2 comments:

  1. Last staple out yesterday. I little fluid left in the wound which will either be absorbed or pop out at some embarrsining time. Cleared to start running again although no pushup type activity for at least 2 more weeks. Got the lawn mowed including using the hand mower and the weed wacker. Frankly, I was more concerned about the pull to start them then actually using them (the mower is self propelled so I didn't really have to push it much). No diet restrictions. Dr. said that I won't need to limit my running because my body will do it for me. Basically he said I won't believe how much conditioning I have lost between the anthesia and not eating for 10 days! So, I'll start slow, probably this weekend just jog a little on my walks. Glad you had such a great time in Philly....You are on roll here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally laced them up today. Ran about 45 minutes or so, limiting myself to once around the development (including all cul-de-sacs. Didn't go fast, but didn't stop either. Sure I will be a little sore tomorrow and will undoubtibly will sleep well tonight. Nice day, and a nice week to come apparently. Suggest you back off a bit for a while. 3 big races in a month is quite a bit. Plus the little episode at the mall. Mother nature has a way of telling you enough already. And it usually isn't pleasant.

    ReplyDelete