Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend

Well I took a comfortable early morning 4.25 miles before work on Friday. Saturday, I tried to fit something in,. but but it was not meant to be so I finally called it a day and gave myself the day off :-) Sunday I took a 10 mile very humid run!!!! I am with you there Eric.. the humidity was oppressive!!!! Glad you were out tho and slowly increasing... not too much to soon.

I have read some about the canyon already. I was reading from a man who has done it 4 times,... He says it is really important to soak you clothing... to keep wet. He also tells you were you can refill water along the way. I do wonder tho, what I should have beside plain water?? Will look into that.

4 comments:

  1. The BF and I volunteered at the Delaware Marathon yesterday. Hooo boy was it humid! I did my long run Saturday -- also humid but cooler, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theia,
    I bet that was fun! I wanted to volunteer but it was a kid weekend for me! How long was your run? Whats your next event?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got out this afternoon for about 4 miles. Was quite nice after Sunday. Not nearly as oppressive. Busy tomorrow and rain all day predicted. Next week I think I will move to 5 miles and start up Thornberry Hill. I've started putting some preasure on my abdomin using very small sit up increments on the slant board. Just coming up off the board a few inches and settling back. I'll call the surgeon next week to see when I can get serious about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I even thought about getting out the last 2 days the skys darked and it started to thunder. Surely today will be the day. Have to get out before 6 PM though because I think that is when the world is supposed to end. Veggies to plant, weeds to pull, and mowing to be done if the lawn drys out by this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete