So I know the title is "lisa's road to another 1/2 ironman" but I think I will need to change it now....
"lisa's road to another adventure"
I was on the fence but have decided to commit to a new 'bucket list' item.... this october.. 2011... I will be joining 5-15 friends and completing the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Who's up for some uphill training???
Eric, SOOOOO glad you are running again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Still trying to digest the 'rim to rim' thing. Need to look it up. Having been to the CC a couple times, this could be a really rugged event wtih extreme changes in climate from top to bottom to top. Probably Oct is a good time as although it will be cold on the rim, the interior should not be so ungodly hot.
ReplyDeleteDid about 3.8 today. Felt really good with good pace. Wet though, misty. Stayed in the development. Should do better next week with my classes over I should have more time.
Managed about 3.8 or 3.9 but it sure is not comfortable with that humidity at 100%. Threw in a little extra hill today. Next week if I can get out a few times I'd like to extend to 5 miles. But today I'm tired. Thinking about your canyon run and the two things that you will not be able to train for are altitude and dryness. If I'm not mistaken the CC is about 4 or 5000 feet and although you will be going down, you will also be climbing out. Combine that with 0% humidity and it makes for very dangerous conditions. Dehydration can kill you. So, you will need to read up on how to sustain your electrolyte level under those extreme conditions.
ReplyDelete