So after my 5 mile trail run tuesday night, I decided to hit the trails again THursday. One of the trail Dawgs met me and off we went. Well the plan was around 7 miles but he kept showing me this trail and that trail (I am still learning lots) and by the time we were done, 10 miles!!!!!! Took Friday off and was supposed to do a road 5K on friday. But my friend cancelled at 10pm the night before. The trail dawgs were putting on a 6 mile trail race in Kennett Square saturday morning so I had a last minute change of plans :-) That made for 21 TRAIL miles this week!!!! My thighs are mad.... hahahaha! Yesterday, I took a WALK!
Eric SOOOOO glad you got to run a bit. !!!!! How do you feel today??
Monday, May 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Last night was the best night of sleep that I've had in a month! Good exercise will do that for you. Will get out again today for sure. this weather is so great. Trail runs sound could and once you get used to the terrain, should be a little easier on the joints then blacktop. But make sure you shower well and do a tick check. As the days warm up, the ticks will get more active. Don't need a case of Lyme's disease in the family at this point.
ReplyDeleteUgh, ticks. :shudder:
ReplyDeleteI love the trails and do most of my long runs at Brandywine Creek State Park or on the DE Greenways.
Didn't get out to run yesterday but spent about an hour and a half hiking the back meadow at Coverdale farms. What a great opportunity in what is pretty much a pristeen meadow and forest not generally open to the public. Today I did get out and this time measured my distantce, about 3.6 miles and 35 minutes or so. Wasn't too sore from Monday. Weather of course is perfect.
ReplyDelete