Friday, September 23, 2011

sorry gone so long

still dont have a computer at home!! argh! But the good new is the foot is doing better!!! Even got in a 10 mile run on sunday! Of course, every other part of my body hurt after not being used to that! :-) Tomorrow is bike to the bay... 75 miles in the pouring rain! Pray everyone stays safe... lots of wreck potential with rain.

Eric, you are logging some great miles!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Since your computer is hosed I guess you won't see this until next week. But good luck this weekend. Just listening to the news it appears as if you will be getting pretty decent weather as all this is supposed to be pretty much done by 2AM this evening. I'm hoping it is mostly dry for the UDel game. Hey, great that you did 10 miles, but I think you need to think about how you train. Not running for a week or so and then doing 10 or 12 is a receipe for injury. do at leat a 5 or 6 day before attempting the long run! Just my experience...I obviously didn't run today but was up at 6 to attend the memorial service for the NCC police officer killed last week. I worked with his brother at Du Pont and currently have worked directly with the officers wife Kathy who is a teacher-naturalist at the Del Nature Society. She had asked all of us to meet with her privately prior to the service. She is a great gal. These things shouldn't happen, but unfortunately they do. The whole scene there was surreal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running is has always been beneficial in Men's Health and also with Women's Health. I just love this sport

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site is crazy. They've made some changes to the interface and not for the better. I keep signing in but when I get back to the sign in page it says I'm not signed in. There is a magic sequence for access apparently. Anyway, hope that you are not too sore from the ride or had any problems. At least the weather seemed to hold out although it is pretty humid. I did 7.6 today. Lost a lot of water. It will be a stretch for me to get 100 miles in this month. Assume you leg is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing scheduled today..! Not that I wasn't busy you understand. But I did get in 7.3. Nice cool, but still very humid. Can't wait for the 60 degree weather this weekend. Think about signing up for the e-Racing the Blues 10K on Sunday the 30th of October. Nice, well attended race at the Riverfront.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went out this afternoon and got in about 6 miles. I'm guess because as I was about to enter the develpment the sky opened up. Fortunately my neighbor was turning in, stopped, and gave me a lift back to the house. The temperature was great but that rain was really, really cold! If I can get out tomorrow though I can almost get my 100 miles. Rest of today is cleaning. Yech!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely not ready for the CR. Did 8.6 this morning and it was a great morning. But legs shot from yesterday, 6 miles and then 2 hours of T'ia Chi. Will definitely need a few more of these runs to back where I need to be for March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew, finally back at it today, 6.7. Didn't run Sat or Sun because of rain and going to see the New Jersey with my bro on Sunday. That was a long day. Nice to run in long sleeves and not having a river run through my glasses!

    ReplyDelete