Friday, June 11, 2010

DO I really want to do this??

So I am questioning doing another 1/2 ironman. I just dont have the drive and commitment I had the first go-round. Don't get me wrong, I am working out. I have only missed 2 of the irst 11 days of June (and we do need to rest sometimes!!!) but it is just SOOOO much training. I am not getting to the pool.. and I really don't care. I AM running, biking and working with a personal trainer... so I can pick up the swimming without too much trouble. I ran 7 miles thursday and had my 1 hour session with my trainer today.

I think I will just keep working as much as I can without overstressing myself and IF i feel trained enough to try the race at about 2 months before, I will sign up.

1 comment:

  1. You really need to think about what it is you get from undertaking such a committement. With 2 jobs, and 2 kids in summer activities, training for such a large scale events may be beyond you at this point. Need to look a the big picture. You don't have to keep moving up in scale. There are some nice races and probably some good bike rides you could do on less training and still get the benefit of meeting folks and being challenged. Too bad the kids don't seem to want to train with you. It would be nice if hey would bike with you while you run. But so be it. I simply find my running as 'moving meditation' and that pretty much does it for me. Also, your personal trainer is probley pushing you as well. Not sure when you guys take your week at the beach but that might be a great time to see how you feel about yourself without the stress of the jobs at the same time.

    ReplyDelete