Sunday, October 31, 2010

5 mile morning!

What a beautiful day! Got in 5 this morning but had some serious knee aches when I got home. Not sure what that is about
How was your run Eric??

4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful day. I overdressed for the run. When I left the house at 8:20 it was probably 43 or so. Although it was dead still the sun warmed it up quickly and I didn't need 3 layers most of the way. That said, the air picked up about 10:15, in time for the last couple of miles and since it was also dry I would have been chilled without the jacket because of the sweat I'd built up. Nice race, small. Most folks came out for the 5K run and walk(s). I finished 6th in my age group, in 54:53 (8:50 miles). Not great, but not bad. My left hamstring started to seize up in the last mile and there was no way I could pick up the pace without it going out on my. That said, I wasn't that energized to do so anyway. I probably should not have run Friday! But it is a nice group and the course is flat. Mike Castle, Chris Coons, and Tom Carper (who ran of course, and beat me damit) were in attendance. Of course Jane Castle is the Chairwoman for the Mental Health Association so she was driving the whole train anyway. So, I managed 127 miles for the month of October. Probaby about the best month in two years. But I need to do some serious distance work in preparation for the CR. Glad I didn't try the 10 miles last Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, was the knee just aching, or are there stability issues? My knee aches at night when it is not supported, but the problem does not in any way interfer with running. And the Dr. tested my knee during my physical two weeks ago and there is no instability. If you feel there is, be very careful with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the little dog, thxs. Haven been out since Monday but am going out in the next hour or so. I love 3:30 football games. Gives you the morning to get stuff done. Had Gabe up for his wellness exam this morning. I did however spend a lot of time hiking around Ashland a couple of days this week and so it hasn't all been lost time exercise wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how is the knee? got in 7 today but it was interesting and difficult to dress with the wind. Pleasant mostly. I almost ran into a deer as I was coming down route 48 about between Coffe Run and where the farmhouse burned down. Doe was standing just off the road in the bushes. I wouldn't have noticed with my head down but saw her move into deeper cover as I approached. This was about 3 in the afternoon so surprised she was out and about at that hour.

    ReplyDelete