So I havent been on this weekend bc I was busy riding the 100 miles in one day during Bike to the Bay! In 12 years riding, I have never done a century! It was a long day but I am so proud! Sore butt, but proud LOL!
Hey man, way to go dudette! Of course, don't complain to me when in a couple of years you are bitching about hemroids! I did 6.7 today and wore long pants for the first time since early spring. Needed it. Pretty raw out.
If you are up for a 5K or 10K on the 31st (at the Waterfront) go to eracingtheblues.org and requister for Pattie Hammond's team "Pattie's Witches and Warlocks". I'm in.
My GPS monitor shipped. I got the Timex w/ HM for $289.00. Battery is supposed to be good for 15 hrs. So, that means no ultra marathons for me because my pacer won't last long enough...! Great day today but no running. My knee is a little sore but I have 2 1/2 hours of T'ai Chi today..that will be more then enough stress on the knee.
Out for 6.7 today. I great day. Kind of cool actually although I went with short sleeves. Did I see you trying to suck up to Joe Biden yesterday at the game? Maybe looking for that Federal judgeship? Didn't get to exercise yesterday due to the game and then we played bridge with some friends here right after. That's okay, I had 4 days this week, one with 7.4. My GPS came but it is charging. I'll play with it this afternoon.
Used my GPS for the first time yesterday. Man is that thing big! I feel like I ought to be able to ward off bullets with it. Of course, since my running glasses aren't bifocal's, I can't read it very well. Almost ran off the road trying got see my heart rate! Now I have to download the software so I can upload the data onto my confuser.
I thought running yesterday was starting to get tough but today was a bitch. That wind is really blowing although the temperature is almost perfect. Went to 3 ligth layers yesterday and today and needed them when the wind hit the sweat.
Good run yesterday but just too stiff and tired today. Bagged it. However, a revised route for the CR is in today's paper. Interesting changes. I guess they didn't want to take a chance any more on the runners getting mugged in Browntown!
Apparently the 100 mile bike ride also wore out your typing fingers....Are you doint the 10 miler this weekend? I got out today finally, did 7.4 and it was a beautiful day. Should get out tomorrow but totally busy Saturday. Love this fall weather.
*****UPDATE******* In 2009, in preparation for turning 40, I decided to train for a half ironman. The goal... simply to finish! AND I DID IT!!!! It was such an incredible experience, that #2 was supposed to be in fall of 2010. But time got away from me so i regrouped and completed the BEACH TO THE BATTLESHIP ..October 20, 2012. It was such a great race, I'm going back!!!!! October 26, 2013... 70.3 number three... HERE I COME!
Hey man, way to go dudette! Of course, don't complain to me when in a couple of years you are bitching about hemroids! I did 6.7 today and wore long pants for the first time since early spring. Needed it. Pretty raw out.
ReplyDeleteIf you are up for a 5K or 10K on the 31st (at the Waterfront) go to eracingtheblues.org and requister for Pattie Hammond's team "Pattie's Witches and Warlocks". I'm in.
ReplyDeleteMy GPS monitor shipped. I got the Timex w/ HM for $289.00. Battery is supposed to be good for 15 hrs. So, that means no ultra marathons for me because my pacer won't last long enough...! Great day today but no running. My knee is a little sore but I have 2 1/2 hours of T'ai Chi today..that will be more then enough stress on the knee.
ReplyDeleteOut for 6.7 today. I great day. Kind of cool actually although I went with short sleeves. Did I see you trying to suck up to Joe Biden yesterday at the game? Maybe looking for that Federal judgeship? Didn't get to exercise yesterday due to the game and then we played bridge with some friends here right after. That's okay, I had 4 days this week, one with 7.4. My GPS came but it is charging. I'll play with it this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteUsed my GPS for the first time yesterday. Man is that thing big! I feel like I ought to be able to ward off bullets with it. Of course, since my running glasses aren't bifocal's, I can't read it very well. Almost ran off the road trying got see my heart rate! Now I have to download the software so I can upload the data onto my confuser.
ReplyDeletePretty sure that there will be no running outside today! Man, what a miserable day this is.
ReplyDeleteI thought running yesterday was starting to get tough but today was a bitch. That wind is really blowing although the temperature is almost perfect. Went to 3 ligth layers yesterday and today and needed them when the wind hit the sweat.
ReplyDeleteHope you got out today..it was magnificent. I have gotten in 5 days of running this week. One of my best in a long time. Knee hurts a little but...
ReplyDeleteGood run yesterday but just too stiff and tired today. Bagged it. However, a revised route for the CR is in today's paper. Interesting changes. I guess they didn't want to take a chance any more on the runners getting mugged in Browntown!
ReplyDeleteApparently the 100 mile bike ride also wore out your typing fingers....Are you doint the 10 miler this weekend? I got out today finally, did 7.4 and it was a beautiful day. Should get out tomorrow but totally busy Saturday. Love this fall weather.
ReplyDelete