Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another CR under my belt

WOW it has been a busy two weeks... Didnt realize I hadnt posted. CR was this morning...weather was yucky... rain and cold. BUT, we lucked out!! Cold and rainy 8:30-9:30.... Rain stopped for the 9:30 start and never really started again. A little wind, a little cold but NOTHING to complain about. Quite a good day. Finished in 2:05:05..Not a PR, but not bad. I am ok with it. Had a good run and felt strong. And I MET THEIA!!! Finally! After almost 2 years of bloggin and never meeting, we met on the course during the first mile. Very cool! And congrats Theia! That better NOT be your last!! ;-)

Eric, thank you for the honorary run! Impressive considering the weather :-) next year, I expect you back!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, congratulations. I'll bet you are glad you didn't have to run that distance yesterday in the wind! That was aweful. I didn't even try to go out. Jude and I went to walk int he gardens at Winterthur and that was effort enough. I did 45 on the bike. Today I'll get out and if I do 6 that will net me my first 100 mile month in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 miles???!!! that is awesome! I havent done that in a while myself! You are amazing!
    Did you get out today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't get out yesterday nor does it look like today is a good prospect either. Yesterday I had a morning appt and was building at Ashland all afternoon. Today I was at the landscape contractors doing my weekly booking and this afternoon cut the lawn. I still have cleaning chores to do and T'ai Chi is tonight. Jude is having a terrible time and I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to figure out what the hell is going on. She is experiencing terrible anxiety and jumping from one Dr. to the next looking for something but I know not what. Anyway, hope to at least get out to run tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I tell you that my computer caught on fire! Smelled smoke in the house the other day. Smell was similar to a flourescent light ballast burning out (i.e. burned wiring). Searched around and finally found the office filled with acrid smoke. Luckily as it turns out, the only component in the tower that burned was the DVD read-write drive and it was in the top of the tower. So, no other components 'seem' to be damaged. I'm using it now sans the DVD drive as a new one has been orderd and should be ready next week. Whem, close call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, ready for rain tomorrow. 8.39 today by my 'official' shoe pedometer. I'll take 8.3 and add it to my 100 mile month...tomorrow's forecast looks a little grim (for running anyway). Today is really nice. Still a little nip in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have been moving my office and trying to make billing all in one week!!! Sorry for the lack of signing on. Just now reading about your tough week! Between Jude and a fire, you NEEDED the solice of running this week! Congrats on a 100 mile month.. that is fantastic!
    Now what about Jude? She has to trust someone... not sure bouncing around is wise. What about a good facility rather than a good doctor? John Hopkins or something? Seems I know a lot of people who opt to go there for help with the "unexplainable"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skipped going outside yesterday. Just to yechhie. Did 40 minutes on the bike instead. Just now finished 8.2. Strange day. Quite humid underneath the cool air. I actually overdressed. Was a little sluggish. Won't try to do as much tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome to finally meet in person!!!! Woo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skipped out on yesterday. It was pretty windy as I recall. But today, marvalous. Did 8.2. Won't get out tomorrow as I have class in the morning, Ashland volunteer in the afternoon. Really sparkling today though. Not me, the weather...

    ReplyDelete
  11. As advertised, off yesterday due to schedule. Did 8.4 today. Great weather. But very dry. I'm trying to get into a routine whereby if I can do 7 to 8 miles 4 times a week I'm back to where I was mileage wise when I was averaging 30 miles a week.

    ReplyDelete