Tomorrow is the last day of my second week of training. Today I got in two workouts, 3.3 miles on the treadmilll and 1000 yards in the pool. I hate the treadmill, but the teens are just too darn cold for me to run outside.
Great job, Lisa! Eight miles in the cold with probably a lot of layered clothes weighing you down is impressive. I also got in a long run today outside, so I know how it felt out there. I actually ended up enjoyed running in the snow flurries, and it turned out to be a nice run, considering that I had no plans to run outside today. I admit that I am a wimp and usually stick to the treadmill in the winter. So, congratulations on a great run and keep up the good work. I mean, hey, you're my cycling buddy, so you know that I'm pulling for you.
By the way, we ARE going to get you that PR in under two hours at the Caesar Rodney in March, aren't we? :)
Hmmm.... I still don't know about under 2 hours, but I am starting to believe it is possible... just not probable :-) Congrats on your great run today too!!!!!!
*****UPDATE******* In 2009, in preparation for turning 40, I decided to train for a half ironman. The goal... simply to finish! AND I DID IT!!!! It was such an incredible experience, that #2 was supposed to be in fall of 2010. But time got away from me so i regrouped and completed the BEACH TO THE BATTLESHIP ..October 20, 2012. It was such a great race, I'm going back!!!!! October 26, 2013... 70.3 number three... HERE I COME!
Wrong title----IronWoman! When and where is this? I will make the trek up to scream for you!
ReplyDeleteAbout 2 hours from Newark in Clinton N.J..... Gonna be COLD in that water :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat job, Lisa! Eight miles in the cold with probably a lot of layered clothes weighing you down is impressive. I also got in a long run today outside, so I know how it felt out there. I actually ended up enjoyed running in the snow flurries, and it turned out to be a nice run, considering that I had no plans to run outside today. I admit that I am a wimp and usually stick to the treadmill in the winter. So, congratulations on a great run and keep up the good work. I mean, hey, you're my cycling buddy, so you know that I'm pulling for you.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, we ARE going to get you that PR in under two hours at the Caesar Rodney in March, aren't we? :)
Dave Foxx
Hmmm.... I still don't know about under 2 hours, but I am starting to believe it is possible... just not probable :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your great run today too!!!!!!
So proud of you Lisa. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteChristine
You go girl! So proud of you.....Christine
ReplyDelete