Sunday, January 18, 2009

I dug deep!

I did it.... I charged the watch and ipod for 15 mins. and miraculously, they made it through the run ... EIGHT miles, to be exact!!! I didn't think I could do that yet so I am really pleased I still have a long way to go, and i can't imagine having done 8 miles (let alone 13.1) after a swim and bike but hey, I am stil in training....there is time!
AND my longest mile was 9:36 which shocked me because when i go that far, I usually have one or two "recovery miles" where I am a little over 10 mins. So all and all, a good day :-)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, here is your first comment...whimp..I did 7yesterday. It was 18. But now wind. I didn't go out Thursday & Friday. Just kidding the wimp part. But it was really nice yesterday once I got going. In fact, I over dressed having forgotten what I really needed in that kind of weather. Today I did 7, and I guy hit me with a bottle of flavoered water thrown from his car as I ran up Old Wilmington Road. I suspect I'll have a small bruise but luckily the plastic (not glass) bottle bounced off my arm and not my face. Have't had something thrown at me since the bottle incident back in 77 or 78 on Airport Road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO LISA! GO LISA! GET BUSY! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

    YOU ROCK!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete