Saturday, July 25, 2009

IF YOU FALL OFF THE HORSE...........

I am back!!! Sorry for leaving you for soooo long. I didn't meant too. With vacation and then trying to catch up at work after vacation, I have been crazy.
I finally got back out on the bike today and I just went for it! 42 miles... felt good although I was hitting the wall around 36-37 miles. I wasn't wablt to take my bike to the beach so this was my first ride since the accident... oh yeah, and I got a flat tire :-) LOL
I did get some nice runs in over vacation and did my old 7 mile route here on Thursday morning. Not training quite as much as I would like, but still holding my own! Need to get in the pool!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Just finished 6.7. The humidity really came back fast. It was like 61 when we got home last night..my neighbor said his pool and back yard were a sheet of ice. Crazy. 42 miles, I'll be impressed after I hear how stiff you are tomorrow! Have you ever run to the top of the Newark resivoir? Seems like that would be a pretty steep hill if they let you near it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you fall off a horse....make sure you miss the poop when you hit the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was humid today. I was sweating more than i expected. Rode to Delaware city on a long round about route! Feeling ok tonight.. we'll see tomorrow.
    I have run to the resevoir and that hill is a dosey! If you run from my house there, up and around once and home, it is 6 miles.
    I will remember to miss the poop! I have had enough sh** in my life already :) Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you go out today be careful. Lots of t-storms predicted this afternoon and also very hot an humid. One problem with biking, if you go out 21 miles, and it storms, you've got 21 miles to come back, in the weather. My Financial guy is treating us to dinner tonight at "Capers & Lemons". Looking forward to that. He and his wife are really nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Lemons and Capers is THE hot spot these days... let me know how it is!!!!! Is it right there but the golf course off 48??

    ReplyDelete